New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    until now i'm wondering..... bkit kasi kelangan styro? dahil ba mas mura? siguro nga dahil mas mura pero aware naman lahat tayo na di biodegradable ang styro so why use it?

buti na lang at 85 percent cardboard na ang gamit ng mga fastfood. recyclable. kudos to people like gary granada, et al. without them, we are too busy with our lives without even thinking about the effects of the materials we use daily.

Last edited by jim; October 16th, 2006 at 09:36 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [QUOTE=GasJunkie;669823]Using banana leaf as plates = teh hotness :drool:
    QUOTE]

Oist ikaw nanaman. Kinawawa mo naman ang mga dahon ng saging baka maubos...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe, peaceful and non-disruptive social activism is a good thing, and if they can get big companies to use more environment friendly materials, then good for them imo.

but this Gary Granada dude has to grow some thicker skin. they are the ones being disruptive and thorn in the side of McDonalds, whose managers are probably busy running the company. he shouldn't expect them to roll out the red carpet for him...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    This reminds me, styro pa ba ang gamit ng mcdo? Kasi, naalala ko, kaya ako inis na inis na kumain sa Mcdo dahil pag inaalis ko yung balot na wax paper nung kanin ay dumidikit sa paper/cardboard packaging nito. Ganun din sa take-out.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    There's a joke about this.

A bagger in a supermarket asks customers, "Sir / Ma'm, would you like to ruin the environment by using a plastic bag or kill a few trees by using a paper bag?"

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think McDo Philippines doesn't feel enough pressure to switch to alternative materials.

here in the US, they came under fire publicly about this same topic, and now they use cardboard, recycled paper and other such materials.

companies by definition will think in terms of cost and benefit. if they think that the cost (in terms of negative publicity and lost business) is more than the benefit of using styrofoam (which i assume is cheaper than cardboard), then they will switch.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    There's a joke about this.

A bagger in a supermarket asks customers, "Sir / Ma'm, would you like to ruin the environment by using a plastic bag or kill a few trees by using a paper bag?"
    OT: naalala ko yung isang lecture namin sa Geography. Yung prof may illustration comparing hunter-gatherer at office worker. Yung hunter-gatherer daw, no pressure, maraming free time, etc., yung office worker, laging stressed, late dumarating ng bahay... tinanong niya "what would you rather be?"

Yung mga kaklase kong unang tinawag sagot hunter-gatherer. Sabi ko "Sir gusto ko maging office worker, kasi yung hunter gatherer may chance na mapatay kapag maghahanap ng pagkain."

Nung nag sintesis kami nung lecture, he referred to the illustration as biased.

Back to topic: yung mga ibang environmentalists kasi dapat bumalik nalang sa pagka-caveman. Some of them (not limited to environmentalists) are too anal, masyadong purist.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What a crock... no stress? Hunter-gatherers way back when only lived to around 30-50 years of age. Their bodies were worn out by the time they were 35. Worn down joints, broken bones, possibility of death and disease from wild animals. What a wonderful life.

Anyone who thinks hunting isn't stressful should be forced to go hunting.

If you want to live long, you have to be an Aborigine. No bacteria, no disease, average 70 year lifespan. Of course, you have to gather and eat grubs most of the day.

Either that, or Swedish... the ultimate office workers, but with the best health care on the planet and an average 70 year lifespan. Of course, they have to work most of the day, too.

So I guess both sides of the argument are right.

----

Errhh... to reiterate, McDo philippines already uses cardboard. It's for breakfast meals and hot coffee only that they use styrofoam... which is stupid. Starbucks uses paper cups wrapped in a corrugated cardboard holder, and that works just fine for hot coffee.

I still want to know if pancake syrup eats cardboard... maybe McDonald's hasn't figured it out, yet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fastfood companies should try to emulate Tropical Hut who uses good old plates, cups, & utensils which can be washed again.

Most big fastfood companies are so fond of using disposable items because a dishwasher takes up a huge chunk of space and needs additional manpower to operate.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Errhh... to reiterate, McDo philippines already uses cardboard. It's for breakfast meals and hot coffee only that they use styrofoam... which is stupid. Starbucks uses paper cups wrapped in a corrugated cardboard holder, and that works just fine for hot coffee.

I still want to know if pancake syrup eats cardboard... maybe McDonald's hasn't figured it out, yet.
    mmmhmmm....now that i think about it, the Big Breakfast here i think still uses styrofoam...

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Gary Granada's ordeal with McDo