New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think this is a way better feature on Philippine street food. These guys did what I did when I was there (I have similar memories as a young teen). I never had any need to stop for lunch. Just buy street food and eat on the go.

I think more people there need to spend a whole Saturday just commuting around Manila and experiencing the daily sights.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Inside word was they tried to approach to include a local original & all time fave, Doming's Ngohiong, but couldn't get a nod. The simple retort was..... classic Bisdak.....of humble contentment ...They're happy w/ how & where they are now....which has been kept pretty same for 3 generations now.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Inside word was they tried to approach to include a local original & all time fave, Doming's Ngohiong, but couldn't get a nod. The simple retort was..... classic Bisdak.....of humble contentment ...They're happy w/ how & where they are now.[emoji4]

i always thought puso rice was a mindanao thing.

i first ate it in davao city. in fact, i don't recall eating it anywhere else. hehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i always thought puso rice was a mindanao thing.

i first ate it in davao city. in fact, i don't recall eating it anywhere else. hehe
    Puso is as Cebuano as LapuLapu.[emoji4]

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Puso is as Cebuano as LapuLapu.[emoji4]

i don't know about that. lemme ask around.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Inside word was they tried to approach to include a local original & all time fave, Doming's Ngohiong, but couldn't get a nod. The simple retort was..... classic Bisdak.....of humble contentment ...They're happy w/ how & where they are now....which has been kept pretty same for 3 generations now.[emoji4]

This is our snacks way back in college.. 25 petot we can get 2 ngohiong and 2 puso with 1 soft drinks...

Puso can be found from visayas all the way down to mindanao...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Is that ngohiong a fried Shanghai roll with lots of five spice powder?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Is that ngohiong a fried Shanghai roll with lots of five spice powder?
    Sorta..but the secret's in that sauce...Doming's hot sauce.[emoji4]
    Cebu's Lumpia Ngohiong or Ngoyong >> Pinoy Food Recipes

9. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    Meron nga street food sa cebu na gusto ko tikman. Iyong utak ng baboy or baka na kinakain straight from the frying pan. Sinasabay sa puso na kanin. Di ko maalala ang tawag doon.
    My sister used to cook calf's brains. To die for, and to die from. Cholesterol galore. But WOW! A cross between pork fat and silky tofu. Perfect with hot sauce.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    My sister used to cook calf's brains. To die for, and to die from. Cholesterol galore. But WOW! A cross between pork fat and silky tofu. Perfect with hot sauce.
    would've loved to taste that home cooked version.

i tasted carabao brains naman from a carabao meat specialty eatery in davao city. it wasn't bad but i do remember it made sebo pretty fast so you had to eat it quickly

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast