New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Still very controversial indeed.

But when aspartame is used NOT as a "healthier" alternative to sugar but as a LESS COSTLY ALTERNATIVE to sugar, I think that caution and prudence should come in.

When food manufacturers start selling every conceivable drinks and beverage using aspartame to BOOST the sweetness in sugar and at the same time BOOST their pockets, who gets to pay the price for their CORPORATE GREED? The next generation children who are bombarded with these aspartame flavored drinks? Just look at the dizzying variety of these products being sold in markets and sidewalks... from milk teas to buko juice to gulaman to even pearl shake powder and 3in1 coffee drinks. Nakakatakot. Umiinow din kaya ang mga gumagawa nito ng produkto nila.

By the way, has anyone here drank anything with aspartame for a period of time and can positively account some sort of illness as a result of taking aspartame. Please share, how much and how long have you ingested it. And what illness did you experience.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    there's big demand for low calorie/0-calorie drinks

so artifical sweeteners had to be invented

market forces yan eh. there's demand. so sooner or later somebody will come up with the supply

i don't believe there's a grand conspiracy behind it

maybe they became so efficient at making artificial sweeteners that it has brought down prices to below that of sugar

so naturally companies that use sugar would shift to a lower cost alternative

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hmmmm, is this what you call "magic sugar"? Kung yes, eh gumagamit kami nito dati sa mga palamig namin sa tindahan dati. A bit of this and a lot of brown sugar.

Siguro share ko nalang experience ko regarding this. I drank a lot of milk tea before, mga twice o thrice a week pa nga minsan. Even soda drinks, iced tea, o any beverages na sine-serve sa labas. So far, wala naman effect sa akin. Tsaka we all know naman na too much of everything eh masama. Pero kung moderate lang ang intake mo nito at hindi everyday, siguro yun na ang masama.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i've been drinking coke zero for years

so far i'm ok. if there's something growing inside me i don't know. never had a whole body MRI

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sugar price swings must be painful for drinks manufacturers

a low cost, price-stable alternative is a gift from heaven
    Last edited by uls; December 7th, 2012 at 01:21 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alakdan168 View Post
    By the way, has anyone here drank anything with aspartame for a period of time and can positively account some sort of illness as a result of taking aspartame. Please share, how much and how long have you ingested it. And what illness did you experience.
    No.

But I did get diabetes from drinking Coke Regular.

-

Of all the things you've listed... Coffee mixes, instant juices, sodas... there are things in them that are worse than Aspartame.

Again... Sugar = carcinogen and food stock for cancer cells. Too much sugar in the diet turbo-boosts the growth of tumors.

Caramel color in coffee and cola drinks: Carcinogenic.

Caffeine in coffee and Coke: can cause heart palpitations, jitters, digestive problems, addiction, etcetera.

Artificial colors: You will get funny colored urine as your kidneys get overloaded by the amounts of dye in your system loooooong before aspartame becomes a health problem.

-

You're focusing on something that has been proven time and again to be safe, while ignoring things which have proven to not be safe, but which we accept because they've always been there.

And, of course... aspartame is only one sweetener. Most commercial products use several at the same time.

Would I buy a powdered juice drink with aspartame? No.

Would I buy a powdered juice drink without it? Hell no. They're all dangerously sugar-loaded junk. I only drink natural, unsweetened juice.

And Coke Zero.
    Last edited by niky; December 7th, 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I don't drink diet sodas anymore. I'd rather drink regular soda.

I take flavored drinks only as a weekend treat.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    [QUOTE=niky;2053330]No.

You're focusing on something that has been proven time and again to be safe, while ignoring things which have proven to not be safe, but which we accept because they've always been there.

Yes,maybe you're right, been focusing too much on the aspartame thing.

Maybe the paranoia is because I haven't seen so much wide use of an artificial sweetener in my life. Used to see them only in sodas, now its all over that we wouldn't even know we're ingesting it already.

Well, maybe that's part of our existence that we now have to live by.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Well anyway, thanks to all who posted their thoughts and facts ... to niky, uls, safeorigin, lowslowbenz...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Aspartame... How much is safe??