New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ang 2grams ng Aspartame ay 2kilos of sugar sa tamis...halos lahat ng powdered juice meron nyan...tama yun coke zero yan ang gamit pampatamis

hehehe gumagamit kami nyan dati...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung mga "energy drinks" like cobra, sting, meron din kaya nyan?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Yung mga "energy drinks" like cobra, sting, meron din kaya nyan?
    Shouldn't overdrink energy drinks. The taurine will make your pee dayglow yellow.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Shouldn't overdrink energy drinks. The taurine will make your pee dayglow yellow.
    Sounds like advise from personal experience...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ask me about beets some time...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Those 3 in 1 coffee mixes, very notorious in aspartame content.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    whether aspartame is toxic or not.. is still a brewing controversy. that is why it is still in the market.
    remember the saccharin controversy years ago... carcinogenic raw.. turns out, the mice had the enzyme necessary to convert saccharin into a carcinogen.. humans simply do not have the enzyme. so balik saccharin.
    some people can't take sugar as it will harm their bodies. this is where aspartame is useful for.
    aspartame in sidewalk drinks/food? not likely.. it's commercially more expensive than sugar.

much of what is being peddled as scientific truth in print and in the internet.. is simply balderdash, esp. in the latter, because it is much easier to upload... let us be discriminatory in what we read.
    remember, "my horoscope is also in the newspapers.." (my apologies to horoscope makers)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Most likely si j co & krispy k nagamit din nyan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Well the point is...

Upon ingestion, aspartame breaks down into residual components, including aspartic acid, phenylalanine, methanol, in ratio of 4:5:1 by mass and further breakdown products including formaldehyde and formic acid, accumulation of the latter being suspected as the major cause of injury in methanol poisoning. Human studies show that formic acid is excreted faster than it is formed after ingestion of aspartate. In some fruit juices, higher concentrations of methanol can be found than the amount produced from aspartame in beverages.
    How anybody will interpret that is subjective to the person taking it: How much does he take? Is his liver and kidney functioning normally?
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, the point is this:

Quote Originally Posted by timrev View Post
    ang 2grams ng Aspartame ay 2kilos of sugar sa tamis...halos lahat ng powdered juice meron nyan...tama yun coke zero yan ang gamit pampatamis

hehehe gumagamit kami nyan dati...
    You use so little aspartame to replace so much sugar. Ingest that much sugar in one sitting and I assure you that you will induce diabetes. Even better, high blood sugar actually increases cancer risks (and this has actually been proven in well-controlled studies), and caramel (burnt or cooked sugar) is a carcinogen.

-

I've eaten Krispy Kreme, and they don't use it. They don't have sugar free. gonuts has sugar free donuts, but they use maltodextrin, as far as I know.

Again, aspartame is not used in all kinds of food, just beverages. For baked goods, it's useless because it breaks down when cooked.

-

And again, people obsess over Aspartame because it is "artifical", when a bigger cancer and overall health risk is staring them in the face every time they add a spoon of sugar to their coffee. And yes, it don't matter if it's white or brown.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Aspartame... How much is safe??