New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    yep, steering feel is artificial on AWD Porsches as they say. but all wheel drive traction is still something to beat.
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Actually, the best and most involving Porsches are RWD. The AWD cars are fast and great over broken ground, but supposedly lack the "feel" of the RWD Porsches.

It's the dedication to light weight, great balance and RWD that make modern Ferraris so good. I can see AWD on their grand touring models, but on their smaller cars? Naaaah.
    i haven't had a chance to drive the 997's, but the awd on the 993's and the 996's are not bad. i didn't sense an 'artificial' feel, but then again i'm no purist (didn't drive them on the track either).

the rwd are a bit more nimble, i guess, but i thought that was because of the lighter weight. the main advantage of the awd is that it makes the car less likely to swap ends in the hands of a driver who is unaware of the car's limits :hihihi:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by m_ron View Post
    who the fuc$ cares, i can't afford that car anyway.
    .....:dito:.....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    i haven't had a chance to drive the 997's, but the awd on the 993's and the 996's are not bad. i didn't sense an 'artificial' feel, but then again i'm no purist (didn't drive them on the track either).

the rwd are a bit more nimble, i guess, but i thought that was because of the lighter weight. the main advantage of the awd is that it makes the car less likely to swap ends in the hands of a driver who is unaware of the car's limits :hihihi:
    The weight balance of the Porsche might make up for some of that. Truth to tell, steering feel is very personal and subjective. One person might tell you that the new Honda Civics have great steering. Others, myself included, recognize that the steering has a nice ratio, but lament the fact that you can't actually feel the front tires through the steering wheel.

Which doesn't really have beans to do with how a car handles (steering feel, I mean), but it makes a difference when you're pushing hard, and you want all the feedback you can get, so you can tell whether you're about to kill yourself or not.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quick and painless death FTW...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yay! Good news talaga 'to kung totoo.

I myself have higher preference for FF, 4WD, Electronic AWD. I'd take those over an FR/MR anytime.

Great news indeed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ferrari soon with AWD!