New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ferrari readying an All Wheel Drive system for their cars...

Ferrari has completed development of a four-wheel drive system for its future sports cars, according a report by Italiaspeed. Rumors of a Ferrari AWD system first surfaced exactly a year ago when the U.K.'s Autocar magazine published patent drawings made by the Italian automaker for such a system.

Unlike the full-time all-wheel drive systems used by Lamborghini and Audi, the Ferrari setup is an "insertable" four-wheel drive configuration. This means the car will typically operate with power going to the rear wheels only, and engage the front wheels as needed. A computer-controlled clutch determines when to activate the front wheels.

The system will work in both mid-engine and front-engine Ferraris, according to the report. The Autocar report suggested sister company Maserati could also use the technology.

---leftlanenews.com

note: Unlike Porsche and Lamborghini, Ferrari is more noted to having great rear drive than all wheel drive sportscars.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, the best and most involving Porsches are RWD. The AWD cars are fast and great over broken ground, but supposedly lack the "feel" of the RWD Porsches.

It's the dedication to light weight, great balance and RWD that make modern Ferraris so good. I can see AWD on their grand touring models, but on their smaller cars? Naaaah.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yep, steering feel is artificial on AWD Porsches as they say. but all wheel drive traction is still something to beat.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    trying to go head-to-head with tha AWD murci aye?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    trying to go head-to-head with tha AWD murci aye?
    maybe jeremy could use the FQ400 again to battle this time the awd horse instead of the murcielago this time? :lol:

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    I welcome Ferrari for even trying to incorporate the idea into their system. For whatever reason they're doing so, illogical or impractical, they manage to surprise us time and again. Their primary business is into F1, and yet they have the time and resources to chalk up another innovation for the marque. Who knows what could've been if they've mass produced their sedan car in the late '90s? Time will tell as it did for the Cayenne Porsche. How about a Ferrari SUV? Preposterously irrelevant?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    pffffffffffffttttttt my aveo has more "feel" than that car.

Edit :hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    can you feel the power of its cost?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    All the way to my toes........:hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    who the fuc$ cares, i can't afford that car anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ferrari soon with AWD!