New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    hahaha. Paging Bogeyman. Meron daw nabanggang ferrari. Peace po.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    no need to pick on bogey .. .. sayang .. news like these doesn't get printed out on the paper .. would have loved to get details ..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kimpoy: maybe his ferrari is sitting by his museum for the longest time and needed that morning run
    hmmm...if you put it that way...mas maganda nga na pinapatakbo ung kotse kesa maging museum piece -- parang nawala ung point of owning a car B)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    gets ko na yung point mo...it's an admirable sentiment kung ikaw talaga yung nagkukusang-loob. pero wag sana nating pinipintasan o dinidiktahan yung mga medyo maluho (i know that you are not saying this) because we all have our luho, simple or otherwise.
    yup.

wag na lang natin pintasan kung hindi naman natin alam ang tunay na background / history ng mga tao.

tulad na lang sa mga congressman/woman natin. ang akala ng iba eh puro kurakot lang ang inaatupag.

yung distant cousin ko is a congressman. yumaman sila through the medical industry and sa gustong makatulong ng mister - nag run siya for vice-mayor then for congress. ang reklamo ng ng misis nya eh (who is running their business) na siya na ang padre de pamilya since halos konti lang ang kita sa gov't. pero kung hindi mo sila kilala - i assume mo agad siguro na through kurakot sila yumaman.

masyadong nag stereotype kasi dito sa Pinas.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    got nothing against you or anyone else, just calling it like i see it ;)
    Heck, who am I to say otherwise? ;)

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
    -- Voltaire
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 19th, 2005 at 01:25 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    yup.

wag na lang natin pintasan kung hindi naman natin alam ang tunay na background / history ng mga tao.

tulad na lang sa mga congressman/woman natin. ang akala ng iba eh puro kurakot lang ang inaatupag.

yung distant cousin ko is a congressman. yumaman sila through the medical industry and sa gustong makatulong ng mister - nag run siya for vice-mayor then for congress. ang reklamo ng ng misis nya eh (who is running their business) na siya na ang padre de pamilya since halos konti lang ang kita sa gov't. pero kung hindi mo sila kilala - i assume mo agad siguro na through kurakot sila yumaman.

masyadong nag stereotype kasi dito sa Pinas.
    OFF TOPIC

Hi, I did not say all congressmen, mayors, senators etc are KURAKOT. siguro mga 90% lang naman ang KURAKOT.

I am not bragging, but among my childhood and school friends,who are now aged between 32-35 yrs old. 4 are now Congressmen, 5 are councilors, one is a Mayor. They are all very popular political figures. All of them are Corrupt. But they are all still close friends of mine.

Being a close friend of a big time politician (mayor, congressman etc.) really helps in this country. Sa mga construction projects for example, wala nang bidding sa City Hall, sa akin automatically since kaibigan ko si Mayor plus my 20% pa si Mayor sa akin sa overpriced project. Remember, we are talking MILLIONS. Imagine how regular person aged 32-35 can afford to buy a new Mercedes. Multi million Condos etc.. Now you know.

I hope we Filipinos are not to naive.

Ikaw mismo, pag binigyan ka ng ganyang posisyon or Pork Barrel, I am sure, everyone will be tempted.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Heck, who am I to say otherwise? ;)

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
    -- Voltaire
    cool man...it's obvious we don't see eye to eye on this issue, but we can do this without flaming or hard feelings

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by edl100
    I am not bragging, but among my childhood and school friends,who are now aged between 32-35 yrs old. 4 are now Congressmen, 5 are councilors, one is a Mayor. They are all very popular political figures. All of them are Corrupt. But they are all still close friends of mine.

Being a close friend of a big time politician (mayor, congressman etc.) really helps in this country. Sa mga construction projects for example, wala nang bidding sa City Hall, sa akin automatically since kaibigan ko si Mayor plus my 20% pa si Mayor sa akin sa overpriced project. Remember, we are talking MILLIONS. Imagine how regular person aged 32-35 can afford to buy a new Mercedes. Multi million Condos etc.. Now you know.
    yikes...on the one hand you are in a better position than most people to do something about this corruption that, from everything i'm reading on this site and elsewhere, is quickly and surely sinking the country. in your own way you can try to influence your good friends to not bleed the country dry.

on the other hand - and i hope you don't get too offended kung derechohin kita - many people will say that you're part of the problem, since you directly benefit from corruption. cronyism kumbaga.

i'm not here to judge you. but maybe you can help be part of the solution.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    yikes...on the one hand you are in a better position than most people to do something about this corruption that, from everything i'm reading on this site and elsewhere, is quickly and surely sinking the country. in your own way you can try to influence your good friends to not bleed the country dry.

on the other hand - and i hope you don't get too offended kung derechohin kita - many people will say that you're part of the problem, since you directly benefit from corruption. cronyism kumbaga.

i'm not here to judge you. but maybe you can help be part of the solution.
    I know. But this is how the system works in this country. Even in our Justice system, puro Lagay lahat pati our own JUDGES. I am threading on dangerous grounds here and by insinuating these politicians. Remember the news a few years ago?? guys aged 32-35 yrs. from prominent families living in VV??. But they are a carnap syndicate who got busted when they held up a bmw z3. They were never convicted. Why?? because they know a lot of politicians and paid $$ to the judges.

I can even name a few guys on some Car Clubs here in the Philippines that have businesses related to drugs, cocaine, xtacy etc.. Just see how they can afford to buy those ultra expensive cars, Multi million home theater set-up, condos etc.. Di mo iisipin talaga since most of them are really nice people till you find how they got their money.

I can name a lot of stories that I know first hand.

This country is really filled with corrupt politicians, businessmen. Lahat yan magnanakaw!!

BTW, Since I got married and had kids, I stayed away transacting from those people. I believe in Karma.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    OT:

When our mother knew that we want to buy her a nice and luxurious house with 4 cars (Range Rover, BMW530, Accord, Civic), she said that she can't accept them because she can't bear the fact that many in our country are so poor and have nothing to wear or eat while she would be in much luxury. We worked hard for so many years and as a result we came to a point of being able to afford these, kaya naman gusto namin bilhan ang Nanay namin ng mga ganito ay dahil gusto rin naman namin na maranasan nya ang fruits ng mga sacrifices nya sa amin. So what we did instead was to set up a foundation in her honor to build houses for the poor and providing them with livelihood that would surely make them live a decent life. I guess, our mother chose the best luxury of life, THE LUXURY OF HAVING SO MANY HAPPY PEOPLE IN HER MIDST, PRAISING GOD AND BEING GRATEFUL FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES.

Ferrari collided with a Truck in Katipunan