New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    or kung may insurance, the premium is SKY HIGH.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    You don't need an obscene amount of money to get a Ferrari. That's the red car with a horse, right?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver
    malay mo meron pa syang another 500 million? can't judge a person just like that. and wishing him more harm is ****ing retarded. jeeez. labo mo tsong.
    And a good day to you, too.

The uhm, character who happened to drive this particular Ferrari did not commit a lapse in judgement in bringing out the car. What he had was a complete failure in judgement and discretion.

Did it ever occur to you that this person is EXTREMELY LUCKY in the sense that he brushed against a mere dump truck, as opposed to several vanloads of armed men who are ready to take his car, his valuables and ultimately his life, just because he forgot all semblance of reason in flashing around his mobile deathtrap? No doubt you have come across stories of people with far less expensive rides fall victim to such banditry, and yet we hear about this red Ferrari whose owner is very obviously screaming for trouble, considering these dangerous times.

Next thing you know, the guy's name will be on a thread in the Goon Squad HQ forums, kidnapped, robbed, and killed, a victim of his own recklessness. We will all read that thread and mutter how unlucky he was, how he could have cruised around in a less expensive vehicle to avoid such a grisly fate. And then we'll all be beating our chests and blaming the total breakdown of law and order in this country, when all it would have taken to avoid another pointless death was the exercise of a little discretion and common sense.

Now THAT is retarded. It will matter not if it is his money, his parents' money or even his mistress' money, because it will ultimately be his funeral.

the only thing that you can conclude from the pictures is that he is filthy rich and a lousy driver.
    If you own a Ferrari, make sure you have the driving skills to back it up. You can own a Fiat Uno and still be a damn good driver. Better to be overqualified for your ride, than be overwhelmed by it.

Sa mga mahihirap, kayabangan na ang may CRV.... tapos ayaw pang bumili ng sampaguita. hehehe.
    True, true.

If you have an obscene amount of money, then a ferrari makes sense. you only live once and you can't take your money to the grave.
    If you have an obscene amount of money, it makes more sense to use that money to improve one's self and others as well, precisely because you only live once and you can't take your money to the grave.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 15th, 2005 at 07:49 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Did it ever occur to you, son, that this person is EXTREMELY LUCKY in the sense that he brushed against a mere dump truck, as opposed to several vanloads of armed men who are ready to take his car, his valuables and ultimately his life, just because he forgot all semblance of reason in flashing around his mobile deathtrap? No doubt you have come across stories of people with far less expensive rides fall victim to such banditry, and yet we hear about this red Ferrari whose owner is very obviously screaming for trouble, considering these dangerous times.
    Jack Enrile often parks his red Testarossa outside the office building where I work. But you can be sure there's a couple SUV-loads of assault-rifle-toting gunmen trailing him around.. I think anyone who can afford an 18-million-peso car would have tons of bodyguards, too.

If you have an obscene amount of money, it makes more sense to use that money to improve one's self and others as well, precisely because you only live once and you can't take your money to the grave.
    Reminds me of that Brit who was featured on TV. He made a few millions (pounds) during the dotcom boom, but is now building houses here in the Philippines. He sold his BMW M3 or was it M5 and got enough money from that to build A WHOLE BARANGAY worth of houses.

He now has a Filipina wife, they have a baby on the way, and they COMMUTE. He has no car.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Mr Bogeyman, i take offense when you refer to me as a kid. Bakit sino ka ba at kilala mo ba ko?

Up to know naman wala tayong alam kung ano talaga nangyari diba? bakit mo sinisis driving skills nung Ferrari owner. To each his own. Kung ano gusto nyang gawin sa pera nya gawin niya. Ganun din ako and Im sure ganun ka din. I have a friend who has a 1968 MG and a 73 Mr Slim benz that we use to drive around at least once a month. Now wuill you accuse us of having a complete failure in judgement and discretion?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by orly_andico
    Reminds me of that Brit who was featured on TV. He made a few millions (pounds) during the dotcom boom, but is now building houses here in the Philippines. He sold his BMW M3 or was it M5 and got enough money from that to build A WHOLE BARANGAY worth of houses.

He now has a Filipina wife, they have a baby on the way, and they COMMUTE. He has no car.
    Dylan Wilkes is the name. Gawad Kalinga is his game.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619
    Mr Bogeyman, i take offense when you refer to me as a kid. Bakit sino ka ba at kilala mo ba ko?
    My bad, then.

I have a friend who has a 1968 MG and a 73 Mr Slim benz that we use to drive around at least once a month. Now wuill you accuse us of having a complete failure in judgement and discretion?
    Absolutely not, because those cars (exquisite as they are, by the way) are less likely to invite trouble around here than a Ferrari. Or a Lamborghini, for that matter.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 15th, 2005 at 07:48 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    my simple thinking .. ferrari is a kick ass car .. personally want to own one .. but i can't afford one .. so i don't buy one .. the guy could .. so the guy did ..

lahat naman tayo nababangga eventually .. kasalanan natin or hindi .. it's part of the risks of being on the road .. ingat lang talaga .. naka-ferrari ka man o owner ...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    maybach nalang, with factory armoring. :D

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    HI,
    I just observed. What is the big deal with a Ferrari colliding with a truck in Katipunan?? Di ba madami naman nabababangga everyday??

If a Foreigner can just read this post, matatawa yun kung gano ka 3rd world talaga ang mga Pilipino. Big issue na pala yung Ferrari na nabangga!!! So what?? di naman natin kilala yon and for sure, di nag-babasa ng tsikot.com yon.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Ferrari collided with a Truck in Katipunan