New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    *spongee Yup thats her exact words.. Natumbok mo ah
    ....believe me..i've been there..not the "free" stuffs tho..the "living near" lang..

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by spongee View Post
    ....believe me..i've been there..not the "free" stuffs tho..the "living near" lang..
    Living near the workplace? hmm parang i can't consider it as an option.. First of all based sa mga colleagues ko renting nearby the office it cost them too much, kasi yun nga maganda yung location, hindi ka nga mamamasahe/magbudget sa gas yari ka naman sa upa.. And if ever ang scneario na is may condo na kami na pinaparent yet nagdadagdag pa din kami dun kasi kulang yung rent money sa monthly ammort. Then il rent din nearby sa workplace parang mas malaki ang gastos pag ganun? Yung stress and pagod sa byahe lang ang nawala i feel its a bog no no..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Living near the workplace? hmm parang i can't consider it as an option.. First of all based sa mga colleagues ko renting nearby the office it cost them too much, kasi yun nga maganda yung location, hindi ka nga mamamasahe/magbudget sa gas yari ka naman sa upa.. And if ever ang scneario na is may condo na kami na pinaparent yet nagdadagdag pa din kami dun kasi kulang yung rent money sa monthly ammort. Then il rent din nearby sa workplace parang mas malaki ang gastos pag ganun? Yung stress and pagod sa byahe lang ang nawala i feel its a bog no no..
    i mean "the living near parents" based on my experience

anyway dito naman sa living near workplace...while its true na mahal nga mag rent near ortigas..i'm sure makakakita ka pa rin ng equally affordable nearer than valenzuela..say pasig or mandaluyong or qc..and since dalawa pa lang kayo, rent a smaller place...

well TS..since u've basically read all the opinions that u've asked for...nasa iyo pa rin lahat yan..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    there's a couple of small condo buildings opening in a couple of months near my area in brgy san antonio which have studio units going for about 9-10K/month.

think of it this way, you're just buying back your time and travel stress.

pero kung di talaga kasya sa budget, stay at your own place nalang.
    it's still better to be independent of your parents.

finally, renting out your place may help with monthly installments pero mas mabilis din ma-rundown yung unit.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In-laws will tend to meddle with their children's homelives, especially when there are grand-kids involved na. Their reason, they have the experience so you should follow their so-called advise.

Advise defined as "my commandments".

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    huwag kayo masyado lalayo sa parents niyo... siguradong kakailanganin niyo sila pag nagkaanak na kayo... as in sigurado.. lalo na kung parehas kayo working...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    In-laws will tend to meddle with their children's homelives, especially when there are grand-kids involved na. Their reason, they have the experience so you should follow their so-called advise.

Advise defined as "my commandments".

Yup, and shoved on your face, as if you have not grown up..... :bwahaha:

11.0K:dunno:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There's no sure shot deal really on what is best as there are too many factors involved.

Living with your folks:
    - Gives you opportunity to save up (granted you do save your extra money and dont waste it on whatever stuff).
    - You have extra income from rent income to help pay for your condo.
    - Have peace of mind in leaving your kid behind at home when you do have kids.

Starting on your own:
    - Nothing beats the feeling of being self sufficient.
    - You and your wife have more room to grow together and learn things on running a household (sakit ng ulo talaga, especially when you have young kids to be left at home alone).

My opinion: go out and be on your own

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If you decide to live with your parents, your wife would have to deal with "pakikisama" constantly and that's really tiring. It's better to live in a small condo or apartment as long as you are independent. You may have difficulty financially but going through hard times together would make your relationship with your wife stronger.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Or, it will erode your marriage.....

11.1K:transform:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Your opinion please?