New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    I am. Yung panaganay ko, kalaro ko pa sa basketball.
    pareho tayo. kalaro ko din sa PS2 (NBA Live) and sa PC (Call of Duty). Ka-jamming ko din sa pagaayos ng oto.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yes, definitely minsan lang silang maging bata kaya bigay hilig - 2nd to their studies....but pagdating nila ng teens, i told them na ibang usapan na. di rin kasi pwede masyadong maluwag baka lumaking bastos at balasubas he he... there should be a certain and fixed limit.....we'll talk about it when we get there sabi ko nga

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    it depends on what you consider cool. as much as possible, i let my son do what he wants, but there are some things that are non-negotiable. i'm quite hands-on so i hope we become close enough for him to share his thoughts and concerns when the time comes.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    yes, definitely minsan lang silang maging bata kaya bigay hilig - 2nd to their studies....but pagdating nila ng teens, i told them na ibang usapan na. di rin kasi pwede masyadong maluwag baka lumaking bastos at balasubas he he... there should be a certain and fixed limit.....we'll talk about it when we get there sabi ko nga
    agree sir...
    Very young pa mga anak ko, 5 and 2. mga pasaway. what can you do, kids will be kids. i talk with my kids a lot. sometimes pasaway ang mga bata dahil may pagkukulang din tayo as parents. simple lang yan... talk to them. eventually they will tell you why they are so kulit. being kulit is fun sometimes he he he.
    i teach them to be honest. show as an example to them. encourage an open conversation. as they grow up (in case of my 5-year old) the rule changes. i explain to him na yung rule nya is different sa kapatid nya. then masasabi mo, wow ang sarap pala maging parent. still, i have lots to learn when it come to parenting.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    what cool?

cool ka lang pag gabi na wala pa teen daughter mo? cool ka lang pag bumaba grades anak mo? cool ka lang pag nabagsak ni bunso yung newly bought mp4? cool ka lang pag 1 hour na sa phone anak mo?

i hate to be cool!

SHARING IS CARING.....

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    I'm cool:snow:.
    My kid's and I are best of friend and a cool father to theme. I give theme some simple guide line to follow and I'll make sure this must be done. Its not like a dictatorial law since all that rule are been agreed to all of us, we talked, I explained and in return I'll give things what they like's but... never promise before things done.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Only to a certain extent. No matter how we parents try so hard, they will soon evolve.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    funny, enough, i grew up under the thumb of my parents, according to their whim and will. now that i know, i'd try to be easy on the kids when i do get married.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    If being cool means trying to be just like your kids, sure they'll like you but it's never wise to reliquish your authority just to accomodate them. There will be kids who will respond well but for some being one of them is will not be good for them.

Understand that each kid has his or her own personality, idiosyncracies and proclivities. I don't think it's true that kids are born like a blank board and you can program them any which way you like.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I am sweet and cool daddy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Would You Be a Cool Parent?