New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    hello i wanna ask where can i get engagement rings and wedding rings?

which is better among these 3
    cartier
    bvlgari
    tiffany&co

i went to all three stores catier and tiffany and co; sad to say has no engagement rings in stock it has to be ordered 50% down
    -inaalala ko lang dito ay wala man lang silang sample ring for fitting...paano pag hindi pala maganda or comfortable ang fit sa finger(kasi diba iba iba rin ang gauges ng thickness ng ring maaring comfortable para sa akin and nakakailang naman sa iba mas maganda sana if they have actual rings to fit e puro pictures lang meron sila)

sa bvlgari naman maganda ang design ng engagement ring nila same thickness and design sa wedding ring naiba lang dito ay may diamond swak sana para terno talaga
    may stock sila kaya lang one design lang, ok na sa akin kaso pina fit ko yung wedding ring sa aking fiancee ayaw nya di daw sya comfortable

plan ko kasi kung saan ko bibilhin wedding ring isasabay ko na rin bili ng engagement ring pero di ko ipapaalam sa kanya bibigay ko engagement ring namin the night before our wedding

may ibang choices po ba aside sa 3 na mention kong jewelry stores?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mahal sa mall stores by a factor of AT LEAST 2 (e.g. 2X to 3X ang price). but then again rings aren't a "practical" item.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    so where do you suggest i should go? ongpin baka mapeke ako im no good on jewelries
    any reputable shops there?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    sir sheep yes ongpin is a good alternative, a very good alternative in fact, if only may kakilala kayo doon

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sa meycauyan bulacan. sigurado orig at mura.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yeah bulacan and pampanga are good bets. but you have to know someone....

as the nice lady at vicaria (a jewelry shop in greenhills) told me.. in the philippines, it all boils down to trust.

or you can get a GIA or EGL certified stone with laser-inscribed girdle for 50% higher (e.g. say a 0.50ct solitaire ring, goes for 85k at the greenhills higher-end shops, but if you want a certified rock, the 0.50ct rock alone is 100k-ish, no setting yet).

n.b. greenhills prices at the higher-end shops (not the scary ones) are significantly lower than mall (ayala mall..) example that 0.50ct solitaire can be 150k+ at ayala (i asked).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    find a jeweler you trust, give him a good idea of exactly what you're looking for and your budget, and ask him to procure one for you at his cost plus a small profit. if you don't know one, ask your friends and family.

grabe taga niyang cartier, tiffany, et al, and any highly skilled jeweler can do equal work as long as the materials are high quality. but if your bride to be is extremely brand conscious (or if you are), maybe its worth it....she might be so happy that you'll get an extra special honeymoon night :evillaugh

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can try having some custom designed rings from Elegancia or Marilou's of Greenhills in Greenhills shopping center. Both located in Shopsville Shopping Arcade. My wife's proposal ring & our wedding rings was a custom designed by me.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    our wedding rings were made to order in HK thru my mom's bestfriend in ongpin, reasonable price too.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ditto. those branded jewelers generally DON'T do made-to-order. so it's a take it or leave it kind of scenario.

educate yourself: go to www.bluenile.com and knock yourself out making your own customized rings. it will also give you an idea of the prices. (bluenile prices are about the same as reputable greenhills shops, except the greenhills shops don't do certifications while ALL bluenile rocks are certified)

i had the jeweler custom-make an engagement ring, copied directly from a bluenile design.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
where to buy engagement and wedding ring?