New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Is It Better To Have Loved and Lost, Than Have Never Loved At All?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 85.71%
  • No

3 6.12%
  • Ewan!

4 8.16%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    oo naman! just had a recent one. tremendously hurt and devastated. but have learned so much from it.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Of course, it is better to have loved. Pero mas magaganda sana kung you retain it and keep on loving, di ba? Kaya lang wala sa mga choices eh.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    yes. you become a better person after an unsuccesful relationship... you try to build on your shortcomings for your future love.
    Quote Originally Posted by saint_benidict View Post
    yes.....masakit, lalo na pag kakahiwalay palang....
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    i agree with outmap -> it is until you lose someone you truly love.

from my point of view, easily saying it is better to have loved and lost might simply mean that the people you have "loved and lost" "might" not be ones you really, really loved. i have "loved and lost" many times. but this one particular time, i wish i have never met her.
    Quote Originally Posted by DFast&DFurious View Post
    Aahhh yes...

Tis better to have loved and lost...

Only when one has felt the pain of losing someone in the past, can they learn to truly cherish the one in their arms at the moment...

So to those who are in love right now, cherish each moment...

You will never know what destiny will bring you tomorrow, but the present is yours for the taking, so love the ones you love as if there's no tomorrow...
    Quote Originally Posted by mmanson View Post
    yes oh yes.sarap ng feeling pag naiinlab. and sometimes, you really need to lose someone before you realize how important they are to you. sakit pero worth it. i've become a better person after that.

tapos may maikukwento ka pa sa mga apo mo balang araw
    Teka, teka. Di ba ang ibig sabihin ng "lost" dito ay yung natalo/nasawi at di yung "lost" na nawala? This saying is basically about unrequited love and not about 2 lovers separating.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Of course

Id rather spend my life knowing that i was able to have loved somebody rather than thinking of the all the "what might have been" in my life.

No regrets....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    syempre...

firstly, you save yourself from all the "what ifs" that clogs your mind.. then you fell in love, and there's no better feeling than falling in love diba? at kahit ano pa ang ending ng love story mo, you should always think of the good times para you won't feel any regrets.

and i guess nothing else makes you stronger and wiser than learning from your mistakes... so when the next "encounter" comes along, you'll do better, for sure.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'd say yes. If you lost, there's at least closure. If "ewan"....... the question will always nag for life like the case with my HS crush for example.....

I mean it'd be nice if I can find answers to other nagging questions I've had since childhood like how the Voltes V and Starblazers sagas ended. All I had to do was search the internet. With love, it's not that easy. A lot of what ifs remain with my HS crush to this day and I have only myself to fault.
    Very well said. I have to agree with this. "Closure" is so, so hard to attain with some people.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Better to have loved and lost (at least you know youre not a robot yet, you can still feel the pain and know how to love) than keep wondering how does it feel to love and be loved. sometimes, we need to take sacrifices in order for us to be fulfilled. even that means of getting hurt, these experiences make us a better person.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Poll: Is It Better To Have Loved and Lost, Than Never Loved Before?