New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

You will never appreciate nor understand what's going on in the mind of an OFW who is working so hard to earn a living for his family in a far far away land, while being oh so faithful to his/her partner in the Phil .....unless you are or were one.....

Well, I was one some years ago. And, words cannot describe the pain in the face of those fellow OFWs who have not received word from home. It was at that time when letters and telex were the major means of correspondence.
    (And I think it's not that much difference nowadays with cellphones and SMS since both good news and bad news can hit you real time)....

It was Christmas eve and we were in the company of fellow OFWs in our neighborhood. They were construction workers. To pass away the time, we were singing Christmas songs and later on, we were feasting with on our sumptuous dinner. After which, one by one, each slowly retired to his bed. When I entered their bedroom to ask a friend for some stuffs, I couldn't believe what I heard and saw. Almost of them were crying. And I tell you, these big men were crying because they cannot stand the pain of being separated from their loved ones on this special day....

I cannot overstress this,- but if you hear these kinds of news from the Philippines, whether they're true or not, it's really a big burden on our OFWs. Loneliness and being powerless is a big gorilla on their backs.

4000:play_ball:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

You will never appreciate nor understand what's going on in the mind of an OFW who is working so hard to earn a living for his family in a far far away land, while being oh so faithful to his/her partner in the Phil .....unless you are or were one.....

Well, I was one some years ago. And, words cannot describe the pain in the face of those fellow OFWs who have not received word from home. It was at that time when letters and telex were the major means of correspondence.
    (And I think it's not that much difference nowadays with cellphones and SMS since both good news and bad news can hit you real time)....

It was Christmas eve and we were in the company of fellow OFWs in our neighborhood. They were construction workers. To pass away the time, we were singing Christmas songs and later on, we were feasting with on our sumptuous dinner. After which, one by one, each slowly retired to his bed. When I entered their bedroom to ask a friend for some stuffs, I couldn't believe what I heard and saw. Almost of them were crying. And I tell you, these big men were crying because they cannot stand the pain of being separated from their loved ones on this special day....

I cannot overstress this,- but if you hear these kinds of news from the Philippines, whether they're true or not, it's really a big burden on our OFWs. Loneliness and being powerless is a big gorilla on their backs.

4000:play_ball:

Nice words... Sir CVT. Thanks for all the OFWs like me!
    I've been through a lot of painful experiences too when I was away for 7 years. Don't get me wrong. My work have been very fruitful financially but did a big toll on my marriage!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I would suggest hiring a private investigator to verify with pictures. If it's true then ipadala yung pictures with a note saying "Eto na ang huli kong padala sa 'yo."

Ipa-DNA test ang mga anak lalo na kung alanganin ang pag-bubuntis.

Kunin ang mga anak.

The best talaga is huwag iwanan si misis ng matagal.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sad to say marami ang nagkaka-ganyan. Tawag ng laman ika nga. Sa kaso niya, it’s better to ask some help from his trusted relatives (walang history ng paninira sa asawa niya) to investigate and confirm if the tsismis is true. Then if he really loves his wife, go home immediately and talk about it and fix it. If he’s not happy as well, I think it’s about time to call it quits. Itigil ang padala at ipunin ng solo para sa mga anak.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    masakit nga yan. di ka naman puwede humanap ng other means ng libangan like LCD TV, cars, sa pinagtrabahuhan mo kasi uuwi ka din. tapos being stuck in a room and a contract even make it worse. and even you do try to play it out with other OFW's, alam mo na may asawa din sila. and it's just temporary.

forgiveness lang talaga ang puwede ...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    The best is to ask/hire someone to investigate. Pakuhanan na lang ng pictures with dates kung kelan mga nangyari yung pagkikita. Usually kung nasimulan na yan ng misis niya hahanap-hanapin na niya yan kaya dadalas na pagkikita nila. Then kung totoo, ask yourself bakit kaya nagawa ng misis mo to? Naging pabayang mister ka ba? Pinabayaan mo ba pamliya mo? kung hindi ang sagot mo, hiwalayan mo na. Mahirap yung magsasama pa kayo then everytime you leave your house nag-iisip ka ng masama. Baka yung mga pinaghihirapan mo eh imbes na yung mga anak mo nakikinabang eh yung mokong na kalaguyo pa niya nagpapasasa.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    aynaku dami ganyan...

there are actually lazy tambays who look for wives of OFWs to hook up with.

Hindi nirereport ng govt and NGOs ang effect OFW phenomena on the Filipino family. Puro remittances lang ang nasa news.

Kids grow up unsupervised, wives and husbands have extra marital affairs here and abroad... many families are breaking up...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    masamang balita man yan...dapat di agad pinaniniwalaan kahit sa mapagkakatiwalaan tao pa manggaling ang balita.

mas maganda kung makita mo talaga na niloloko ka nga.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    whether an ofw or not truly this is the least news for anybody want to hear. for an ofw, get a trusted relative to poke around and if ever it's validated (with evidence) on the wrongdoing of his wife then an emergency leave should be in order. sometimes getting an emergency leave will lead you to lose your job (kung may tiwala ka sa sarili mo dapat kaya mong kumuha ng iba pang trabaho kung sakali man) but it's still better than trying to work up to your contract date with all the stress created by such wife infidelity (kasi siguradong maaapektuhan ang iyong work performance at pakikitungo sa mga kasamahan).
    face the problem squarely and openly, get his wife side of story. kung talagang mahal niya si misis, a compromise should be agreed before any forgiveness will be given (halimbawa yung padalang pera ay para sapat lang sa mga bata-mahirap na baka mapunta pa sa kalaguyo). pero kung ayaw na niya kay misis... mas madali ng aregluhin, just let her go but keep the kids and sue her for concubinage!

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    This is one of those risk factors that OFWs may encounter, very sad indeed.

I have a buddy who is working his ass off in the middle east right now and only gets to go home once a year. The one really benefits from his earnings is his wife who goes on buying sprees and shuffles cars at his expense. But apparently lately she has been admiring a mechanic in a shop that she frequents. Admiring the muscled guy, she appears to be very vocal about her admiration for thug who probably sees her as a walking ATM machine.

I'm tempted to tell my buddy each time he gets to email me on how he misses his wife and kid but then ayoko naman makialam.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
panawagan ng isang OFW, nangangaliwa asawa daw nya..  what should be done?..