New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    crush, your boss, the office accounting department, and the BIR.
    they all know what your salary is.
    heh heh.
    Hahaha! Of course kaya nga sabi ko si crush and boss ko lang may alam. Given na naman accounting and BIR

Yung intimacy namin ni crush, it's still with me kaya I could discuss money with him, but unfortunately he doesn't feel the same for me kasi he still has that wall. He knows I'm having anxiety attacks recently, we'll see, if he really cares about me dapat kamustahin naman niya ko. He never initiates texting me na and that makes me sad. Though he calls me naman

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Don't all companies have rules that salary is confidential? Masyado masunurin collegues ko because even the yearly % increase ayaw magsabi

Sa first job ko we were open with salary because you get an idea of the salary range based on the level of the person, but with my current company, the salary range is huge because they make an offer based on your previous salary, no matter what your position is when you are hired.

I have friends and family who have no idea how much their spouse makes My aunt always complains about how she does not even know how much retirement money my Uncle got. My BFF is the same with her husband, she does not know how much he makes, what is important is the bills are paid.

Napakaintimate kasi sakin ng money matters so it's really a big deal if I discuss this with someone, sa ngayon si crush ang pinakamay alam ng financial standing ko hehehe. My family absolutely have no idea how much I am earning, basta alam nila maliit hehehe
    Wala naman sa contract na bawal malaman ng ibang tao sweldo mo. It puts all the bargaining power with your employer and none for you.

Personally I don't see any reason to hide your income with your spouse unless you feel papakialaman nila.

Each couple has a different way of handling finances. What my wife and I do is allocate a fixed personal allowance to ourselves (equal allowance for both of us), then have a % share of the joint household expenses according to the salience of our income to total household income.

So for example monthly expense is 100k. If her salary is 30% and mine is 70% then our contribution to the monthly expense is 30k and 70k respectively.

What we dont spend on our monthly expenses and personal allowance gets transferred to our savings account.

So lahat ng toys that I buy for myself and gifts to my wife I take from my monthly allowance.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Samin kasi every salary discussion, they always stress not to discuss with anyone. Before you leave the room you are given instruction to have a poker face.

Yung ex ko he only knows my starting salary, so that was 11 yrs ago. Si crush na next person napagsabihan ko, and that's because I really opened myself up to him

Madami na nagsabi sakin na money matters common cause ng away sa mag asawa kaya dapat claro daw arrangement

In love ako sa tao when I can talk finances na 😋

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Samin kasi every salary discussion, they always stress not to discuss with anyone. Before you leave the room you are given instruction to have a poker face.

Yung ex ko he only knows my starting salary, so that was 11 yrs ago. Si crush na next person napagsabihan ko, and that's because I really opened myself up to him

Madami na nagsabi sakin na money matters common cause ng away sa mag asawa kaya dapat claro daw arrangement

In love ako sa tao when I can talk finances na Paano mo malalaman kung in love ka na?

Typical HR answer: when you ask someone else who's at your level what their salary is, one of you will be walk away happy and one will walk away sad. Would you risk that you be the one to walk away sad?

I'd say that a company that's transparent with their salary structure is a positive trait. If it's clear that an objectively higher rated employee will get bigger raises and a higher chance at promotion, then it becomes aspirational as opposed to having pay raises and promotions based on subjective measures.

Also good to know the min and max of your salary range so you can assess how much more raises you can get before you hit the ceiling of your level before needing a promotion. This one usually isn't transparent for any company, but this is where having open communication with your peers helps (as long as you can deal with whatever salary disparity you guys would have).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Typical HR answer: when you ask someone else who's at your level what their salary is, one of you will be walk away happy and one will walk away sad. Would you risk that you be the one to walk away sad?

I'd say that a company that's transparent with their salary structure is a positive trait. If it's clear that an objectively higher rated employee will get bigger raises and a higher chance at promotion, then it becomes aspirational as opposed to having pay raises and promotions based on subjective measures.

Also good to know the min and max of your salary range so you can assess how much more raises you can get before you hit the ceiling of your level before needing a promotion. This one usually isn't transparent for any company, but this is where having open communication with your peers helps (as long as you can deal with whatever salary disparity you guys would have).

Sa amin hindi rin pwede idisclose sa colleagues yung salary and I think it's on the contract. Not really sure anymore but it was mentioned on onboarding and all of us sa ganun na nasanay, we're privy of our salary, even our rankings and scores bawal sabihin sa iba.

But with transparency, we have yearly pay review naman wherein they present to us how at par we are with the other companies when it comes to pay and benefits based on benchmarking done by a third-party company. Also, we have an idea naman of the salary range based nga sa job grade ng staff kasi may starting and ceiling yun. We have KPIs, targets and goals, and that we have visibility of. When we see how a colleague performs, we can have an idea of what his/her score will be at the end of the year. But not the exact momentary value.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    come to think of it...
    what's with the non-chismis-my-salary clause?
    from what i suspect, the company is protecting only... itself.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    come to think of it...
    Can't speak for the other companies hehe pero ako so far I have full confidence naman that our company has my best interest in mind. Mahirap magwork sa company that you don't believe in and trust.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
    Can't speak for the other companies hehe pero ako so far I have full confidence naman that our company has my best interest in mind. Mahirap magwork sa company that you don't believe in and trust.

Used to think like that. After being with several companies, bottomline is they exist to make shareholders happy. Employee welfare, work-life balance, etc etc are all secondary to that goal.

So I bring value to the company and expect to get paid well for that. No fancy pretenses about loyalty or family - when you die or leave, they will replace you as soon as they can.

True family is where you have a permanent impact to their life.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I appreciate that our company responded well during the pandemic (full capacity work from home), it somehow gave me an impression that they care for the welfare of the employees

I love my job because of my bosses but not because of the company. What did the company do to us? They outsourced our whole department to India to cut costs, this was announced in January, parang pinag pasko lang kami. Even my VP boss was shocked because it was only on headquarters Managing Director and Director level napagplanuhan, na gulpi de gulat kami Unfortunately at that level, kahit VPs wala ng magagawa, so yeah in the end, we are all just numbers.

Even if I was offered different roles (and I am very flattered) napapaisip pa rin ako if I still want to stay in this company because it was really my boss and role that made me stay this long, I love my job so much that I gave up opportunities to work in the US, I was promised a promotion to AVP this year tapos ganito lang mangyari.

come to think of it...
    may na first warning nga samin ng management, just because he posted a sad face ata on FB shortly after our employee compensation discussion
    Last edited by _Cathy_; June 26th, 2020 at 01:37 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Used to think like that. After being with several companies, bottomline is they exist to make shareholders happy. Employee welfare, work-life balance, etc etc are all secondary to that goal.

So I bring value to the company and expect to get paid well for that. No fancy pretenses about loyalty or family - when you die or leave, they will replace you as soon as they can.

True family is where you have a permanent impact to their life.

I'm only responding to what doc said that he thinks companies do that to protect themselves and I'm only speaking for myself and the company I work for. Personally, I don't think our company is keeping something from me when they want us to be privy of our salary because we already know enough of what we have to know. They show us how our pay and benefits compare to other companies. We know that if we want this certain amount of salary, you have to get to this job grade and to get to this job grade you have to have these competencies. Kahit nga hindi ambitious yung tao they still develop kasi maceceiling. So its never about trying to underpay, they want to give it kasi pag malaki binigay nila sayo it means malaki rin nacontribute mo. And if we're getting to higher job grades (hence getting higher salaries), that's good because competent people are good for their business. We know how our pay and benefits compare sa iba (hint: we're not at the top) but people stay because there are other things we consider than that (stability, reputation, management etc).

Paano mo malalaman kung in love ka na?