New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    With all the readings, I think it all boils down to priorities...I was trying to convince myself that a car could give me short term benefits while a house could help me in the long term..I actually made up my mind months ago to have a new car. But I really prayed hard about it ..

I was actually waiting for a sign from God to help me decide. He did. These were the signs:

While watching Unang Hirit on GMA 2 days ago, Arnold Clavio, while interviewing an official about the rice crisis..mentioned something in closing something to this effect - "unahin muna ang pangangailangan-wag muna ang luho" .dinig na dinig ko ang part na yon at actually, akala ko coincidence lang pero tumagos siya sa isipan ko..

Then on the same day on my work to work, an elderly man who used to be my officemate (but who's now retired) saw me along the road and asked to hitch along the way. Then to my amazement, he began to discuss the hardships of renting and the benefits of finally owning his own house. "Nakakagaan sa kalooban ko na ngayon naka retire na ako may bahay na rin ako" were his exact words.

Then I mentioned to him about this dilemma and he rightly gave it to me straight in the face - go get a house "bago ka magsisi"...

Then I asked for advise from well-meaning strangers from this forum and I got the answers...

Yes I'll be considering the house. And I'll start looking for one now which would fit my budget (and with Pag Ibig too)..

I'm very greatful for all the answers and I hope you will also be rewarded with the same wisdom as what you have shared. God bless you all 'Sensya na po napahaba at nakakapagod magbasa ..but I'm happy I don't have to carry the burden of a wrong decision with my family..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ By the way Hinder......welcome to Tsikot.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hinder, Welcome to Tsikot!

A good start on the forum

:2thumbsup:

I also did decide to own a house first but never realize the benefits yet up until I read your forum and the responses you got.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    ^^ By the way Hinder......welcome to Tsikot.

Thanks ..

Taurus: yes malaking bagay din ito para sa akin...sacrifice muna ito..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    good choice. good luck on buying your new house.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yung mga nag-advise ba for the new house ay invited sa house warming? - Joke lang.

:beer: [SIZE="1"]3550[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am happy with your decision bro.... With or without a new tsikot,- you're a true-blooded Tsikoteer!!!

5909:burn:

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I am happy with your decision bro.... With or without a new tsikot,- you're a true-blooded Tsikoteer!!!
    Sana di na po magbago...

hehehe basta meron ng i ble bless na house no problem..

good choice. good luck on buying your new house
    thanks!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Simple: house. A car, even if it's spanking new, is - and would always be - a liability because it does not appreciate it in value. Not unless the car model would be one of those rare ones wherin 30 years from now, it would be a classic that it might fetch a higher value compared to it's purchase price. Consider: a car depreciates by as much as 20% in value once you get it out of the showroom.

A house, on the other hand, is real estate property and (depending on where the house is situated), real estate value almost always appreciates over time. Another thing: say in the future you got yourself made and bought a better house. You can either sell your old house or rent it out. Either way, you make money.

You can't make money with a car unless you're into a car-dealership thing - or own a fleet of taxis.

My two cents.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pero hindi naman pure "want" ang kotse. remember that the only thing more valuable than money is time. you can always earn more money, but you can't get more time (working and making money, spending time with your family, etc.). not having a car could double your commuting time, and will make your life less convenient, not to mention less secure (God forbid you have an emergency na kailangan mo isugod yung isang family member sa ospital, for example).

with that said, you don't necessarily have to get a new, expensive car. oks na siguro if you're starting out, get a cheap, reliable, well-maintained car, and then save up for the house. it's no question that a house is a better investment.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Need advise: New Car or New House?