New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Regarding Cathy’s post:
    I cannot imagine choosing a BF over my parents. If my parents don't approve of him, then it's over. I would not be in this planet if it weren't for my parents. They raised me, gave me unconditional love and love me more than they love themselves so I would never be with a person that they do not approve of. That's just me I don't want to complicate my life kasi.

Would it be a first impression or over time? Sometimes kasi, parents always have something to say about the suitor/bf just because of their looks and appearance, the car he drives, social status, his relatives or connections etc.... but sometimes, over time as they get to know the person, minor flaws will be overlooked. Also, this holds true in a marriage- you will always marry into the family. My brother married a pretty girl, she came from a good family who are religious. The brothers are well off & employed in good companies. My parents liked her when they met her. Sounds good? Unfortunately, may topak si girl. Very reserved & introverted. A few years ago, my bro found out she had a bf in the US. Kaya pala frequently travels. Di lang yun, kinaliwa rin yung bf kaya tatlo sila. You think you will know a person by looks alone?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Regarding Cathy’s post:
    I cannot imagine choosing a BF over my parents. If my parents don't approve of him, then it's over. I would not be in this planet if it weren't for my parents. They raised me, gave me unconditional love and love me more than they love themselves so I would never be with a person that they do not approve of. That's just me I don't want to complicate my life kasi.

Would it be a first impression or over time? Sometimes kasi, parents always have something to say about the suitor/bf just because of their looks and appearance, the car he drives, social status, his relatives or connections etc.... but sometimes, over time as they get to know the person, minor flaws will be overlooked. Also, this holds true in a marriage- you will always marry into the family. My brother married a pretty girl, she came from a good family who are religious. The brothers are well off & employed in good companies. My parents liked her when they met her. Sounds good? Unfortunately, may topak si girl. Very reserved & introverted. A few years ago, my bro found out she had a bf in the US. Kaya pala frequently travels. Di lang yun, kinaliwa rin yung bf kaya tatlo sila. You think you will know a person by looks alone?
    I can relate to that... my mother in law didnt liked me from the start..she even tricked my then fiance to visit her in the states, there she introduced her to someone...after knowing what her plans were, she came back here, they have no choice but to give us their blessing...now we are married for almost 20 years...she stays at our house when shes in the country, im the one she consoles on their major decisions...she tells everyone now that im her favorite manugang...why? My brother in law's marriage didnt worked out...wife also came from a nice family...parents are doctor and eng, i cant say may topak yung girl..it takes 2 to tanggo..but she was the spoiled type..laging umuuwi pag nag aaway silang mag asawa...then kinukunsinte ng parents....now theyre seperated.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    I can relate to that... my mother in law didnt liked me from the start..she even tricked my then fiance to visit her in the states, there she introduced her to someone...after knowing what her plans were, she came back here, they have no choice but to give us their blessing...now we are married for almost 20 years...she stays at our house when shes in the country, im the one she consoles on their major decisions...she tells everyone now that im her favorite manugang...why? My brother in law's marriage didnt worked out...wife also came from a nice family...parents are doctor and eng, i cant say may topak yung girl..it takes 2 to tanggo..but she was the spoiled type..laging umuuwi pag nag aaway silang mag asawa...then kinukunsinte ng parents....now theyre seperated.

I agree. At the end of the day, it will still be between the couple to work things out. Sa marriage pa naman, there are so many kinks to work on. May kilala ako nag hiwalay dahil mabaho amoy nung paa nung lalaki. You will have to overlook & live with the flaws. No one is perfect. I have a friend whose father was a postal worker & mother a housewife. He married a girl who’s in the lower rich class status. He is not a looker & couldn’t afford expensive clothes or shoes then but she saw that he is very bright, driven, his own man & very confident, inspite of his background. They adjusted at first to each others parents. Now, he is the GM of this drug company, travels all over the world, lives in a big house, children work in NZ so they bought a house in NZ.
    It will help to try to imagine whether you can see yourself in the future with the guy (or girl). Don’t let your parents decide your destiny. Also, if the relationship is easy to carry, it is the right relationship.
    Last edited by bloowolf; August 8th, 2018 at 08:16 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Tsikoteers.... We look sa history.

Im singol pala and no plans yet magpakasal but i mingol.

Sa usapang kasal, tayo mga asians eh hindi pwede purely amerkano style na "me and you against the world"

Pag edad na 21 to 25 years old magpapakasal = ano ba alam na mga yan sa usapang pag-aasawa? So parents are guide. Pero ingat din sa parents na nuknukan pagka oppurtinista.

Sa history uso ang arrange marriage. Dati ayaw ko din yan pero further studies eh naintindihan ko na.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post

Sa usapang kasal, tayo mga asians eh hindi pwede purely amerkano style na "me and you against the world"

Pag edad na 21 to 25 years old magpapakasal = ano ba alam na mga yan sa usapang pag-aasawa? So parents are guide. Pero ingat din sa parents na nuknukan pagka oppurtinista.

Sa history uso ang arrange marriage. Dati ayaw ko din yan pero further studies eh naintindihan ko na.
    May sense ka din pala...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    marrying for love is a relatively new concept

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post

since you studied about it and naintindihan mo naman, may i know (if its ok with you) kung nagustuhan mo ba o hindi yung sinasabi mong napag aralan mo at naintindihan mong “arrange marriage”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    May sense ka din pala...

I actually didn't get what he's trying to point. Or maybe for me mukha hindi structured yung flow ng words nya.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    maybe he is now ok with arrange marriage. parents will be their guide all through out your married life. lahat sasabihin ng parents nila.. good luck bro...

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast