New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    minsan dapat yung high standards na yan ay binabago rin over time.
    for me dapat yung standard that was set nung twenties pa lang ang isang tao should be adjusted and not be one and same high standards after 20 years (just saying if the subject high standards was not realized).
    kumbaga parang proportional ang adjustment pag tumanda na ang isang tao
    In the end, they probably settle or make compromises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    for me dapat yung standard that was set nung twenties pa lang ang isang tao should be adjusted and not be one and same high standards after 20 years (just saying if the subject high standards was not realized).

yes habang tumatanda bumababa ang market value so kailangan mag adjust ng standard para may makuhang mate

like babaeng 40s mahihirapan makahanap ng lalakeng single na good looking, good job, never married, no kids

ibaba niya standard niya tumanggap siya ng lalakeng separated or divorced

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    My personal theory... After the age of 35, may reason kung bakit single ka pa din...

Focus sa career? Family (parents, siblings etc)? ugali? Etc...

After the age of 35, lahat ng better/best - taken na.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Edit:
    Bakit yung word na S E X Y nagiging ***y?

Automatic censorship of possible offensive words (s e x) ... like ***ier, ***capade, ***bomb ...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    My personal theory... After the age of 35, may reason kung bakit single ka pa din...

Haha! From the girls POV? Unless she is willing to go down an age bracket....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Haha! From the girls POV? Unless she is willing to go down an age bracket....

yes older women can and do date younger men pero most of the time it's the women who spend on the men

usually hindi sineseryoso ng younger men ang older women

for free *** lang and other benefits

but that's the only way older women can get younger men to stick around

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just read the thread topic again...

Social Class/Education
    GF - no issue
    Wife - yes, it's an issue... you cannot teach class and that same lady will be teaching her values to your kids
    That's a major factor for me (good breeding) But it seems like for men it's not much of a factor, well I guess you're one of the few exceptions

The immediate relevant example I can think of is the engagement and wedding of Prince Harry to commoner Meghan Markle.
    I would be appalled if I were the queen. I believe that when you marry a person, you marry into the whole family. And Megan's family is a trainwreck. She has family with criminal background. I may sound bigoted but I don't want criminal genes in my bloodline. (I believe in the the school of thought that there is a criminal and homo***ual gene)

Magaganda, edukada, at mukhang naman galing sa matinong pamilya.

These accomplished women who are able to get BFs or spouses later on parang late na rin nakakapag-asawa and when they do, they're not from the same class (or the spouse or BF is not as accomplished).
    I can name at least 5 off the top of my head that are like that. My unicorn friend's fiancé has a lot of qualities that used to NON NEGOTIABLE for her such as short and lawyer. Physically he is opposite of her dream guy. She likes tall, dark and handsome. Fiance is short, maputi and cute. But she learned to love him na rin. She told me she really does not want to be alone e. Also, financially the guy is just a bit below them I guess. She used to want to marry at par or a little above her in social class. Although, this may be hard for her as she comes from old money and her competition with women in that category is not easy (maraming mas maganda at ma appeal)

Sorry for the OT:

I remember having a drunk conversation with one of my ex bosses...

His wife is taller than him.

He told me, height first then you start checking the stuff in your list.

If you find a short partner and your kids like to play basketball or join a beauty pageant someday, the first requirement will always be height. No one is too tall (not unless your kid wants to be a jockey or a F1 driver, although M. Webber is 6 foot tall, but there will always be people who are too short.

You wouldn't want your child to say "maliit kasi mom ko" someday.
    But most women do not want men shorter than they are. I thought it's common knowledge that in the dating world, short men and fat women are bottom tier. I'm 5'5" (and I usually wear 4 in heels). The rest of my HS barkada are taller than I am and we complain that petite women have it better because they have a wider range of height to date. Eg a 5' girl can date a guy 5'4" and up

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007

look for someone who used to have issues na na resolve na like my unicorn friend. Her fiancé hit the jackpot with her.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    look for someone who used to have issues na na resolve na like my unicorn friend. Her fiancé hit the jackpot with her.
    there's always the one-in-a-million find, versus the everyday variety.

"someone got lucky" versus daily ho-hum humdrum.

everybody wishes he/she were that lucky one, but, as highlander says, "there can be only one".

heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "we must judge what we may gain, by what what we might lose."

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast