New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    I'm a 54 year old Englishman married to a 46 year old Pilipina (who looks at least 10 years younger).
    Interestingly when she first told her close friends in her home town that she was marrying an English ex-pat, they ALL quietly assumed I was 65 years old, grey and fat. I'm glad to say that they had a pleasant surprize when they finally met me in person.
    Is this an example of what is expected?
    I see lots of older foreign guys with (sometimes very) young Pilipina girls on my travels in Philippines, and to be honest it makes me sad...for the girl! My wife and I actually secretly call them Emenems (for Miss-Matches).
    Unfortunately yes, a good number of filipinas would marry older foreigners to gain some level of financial security/support for herself and her family (parents, siblings).

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Unfortunately yes, a good number of filipinas would marry older foreigners to gain some level of financial security/support for herself and her family (parents, siblings).
    If that's the young woman's and older man's choice, then that's their choice. If they're happy together, then who am I to judge their marriage? Their happiness is all that matters.

I've seen threads like these in other forums. Most of the dissent I've sensed from the younger guys smacked of jealousy. They'd often refer to the Pinay as a whore or worse. It's a pretty sensitive subject you know, a very young Pinay married to a senior citizen foreigner. I tend to tread carefully in such matter.

But, my own view to why men prefer younger women..... it's all physical.

Younger women are more lithe, slender, firmer, less wrinkles. It stings. It hurts. It's offensive to women. But, what else is there? Of course, I'm the wrong guy to ask. After all these years, I still don't know my wife. But, we're happy together. There's no words that can explain why we're happy together since we have nothing in common.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ako may theory lang 1. siguro noong unang panahon (caveman days) talagang yung ratio ng babae at lalaki is lamang yung babae and kailangan nila magparami tapos wait na nila na ready for child bearing yung isang babae then pwede na. kahit naman ngayon mas marami babae. 4 is to 1 ata? - correct me nalang on this. kasi babae may age limit sa capability nya makapag-reproduce unlike men. e nung time nga nun nagpaparami sila para sa knilang tribe, village, empire, etc. sa tagal ng panahon baka na-embed na yun sa DNA ng tao. 2. or naadapt nila yung sa mga hayop like lions or iba pa..hehe - anu ba tong pinagsasasabi ko. - 23 ako pero gusto ko 18-19? fair lang siguro yun kasi wala pa ako nagiging gf. normal pa. haha.. wag sana abutin na 40 kundi 40y/o virgin part II abot ko.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    If that's the young woman's and older man's choice, then that's their choice. If they're happy together, then who am I to judge their marriage? Their happiness is all that matters..........................

............But, my own view to why men prefer younger women..... it's all physical.

Younger women are more lithe, slender, firmer, less wrinkles. It stings. It hurts. It's offensive to women. But, what else is there? Of course, I'm the wrong guy to ask..................................
    I agree with what you say...except that I think you are the right guy to ask and you have answered honestly.
    Fo my part, when I first saw my wife I thought she was maybe early thirty's because of her beauty, her complexion, her figure and her poise. I can tell you with absolute honesty that I'm GLAD she was actually 10 years older than she looked, mainly because I feel we able to enjoy more common interests and conversations.
    I haven't taken her away from her homeland - in fact we live blissfully happily in Palawan with our 5 year old daughter and my wife's older son.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzie Bear View Post
    I agree with what you say...except that I think you are the right guy to ask and you have answered honestly.
    Fo my part, when I first saw my wife I thought she was maybe early thirty's because of her beauty, her complexion, her figure and her poise. I can tell you with absolute honesty that I'm GLAD she was actually 10 years older than she looked, mainly because I feel we able to enjoy more common interests and conversations.
    I haven't taken her away from her homeland - in fact we live blissfully happily in Palawan with our 5 year old daughter and my wife's older son.
    Well, I was trying to think this out logically. Besides love which logic cannot explain, I can't think of anything else why men would go for younger women aside from the reasons I mentioned earlier which were all physical attributes.

Now, if the question was why the younger woman picked an older man, then there'd be more interesting answers. But, that wasn't the question in this thread.

OT
    This thread got me thinking about an episode of "Married With Children" where Al Bundy mentioned if only wives were like cars, he'd trade in his old one for a shiny new blond with factory-warranted hooters.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 11th, 2008 at 05:40 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I hope life will always be kind to us guys that we will always be attractive
    in the eyes of younger women.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ala bang thread for women becoming preys to boys more than ten years their junior? hehehehe...gusto ko lang basahin sana...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I'm older by 11 years over my wife, kaya 20 years from now my wife is still young. I won't be looking for a young another one. Good plan. Right?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Mating game: Why men go for younger women