Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Padala niyo sa abroad...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    anong pangalan ng CULT nato? hehehe intresado ako
    Children of God, bro. ang pangalan ng kanilang kulto....(Ngayon, TFI or The Family International na ang tawag sa kanila)

12K:boom:
    Last edited by CVT; January 25th, 2011 at 08:13 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    he's still in the phase where he's looking to belong to some group, get him involve in other stuff that will surely pique his interest. if i were you id bring him indoor climbing every week, sched mo yung climb niyo ng araw na punta niya dun sa fellowship thing, he'll soon forget about it

or take him running or road long boarding at UP, ang bata mabilis lang mainfluence, the important thing is to connect with him while doing cool activities

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    di na pala pina practice ang Filthy Fishing sa children of god CVT, ayoko na hehehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

"It's just a stage he's going through,- I think he's just restless for something new...."...

12K:boom:
    Rick Springfield, ikaw ba yan?

just tell your cousin, "Don't talk to strangers"

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    hi peeps, need some suggestions.

i hope that for anyone that doesn't agree with what i'm trying to do would be polite enough to reserve judgement; the Good Book did say, judge not, lest you be judged.

i found out that a cousin of mine is in the process of, or (hopefully not) already in a "christian fellowship" -- note that i added the double quotes since, from what my aunts and uncles have described it to me, sounds like, smells like, and seems like a cult.

Don't get wrong, i don't think it's a doomsday/*** orgy cult, but the way he talks and reasons to us set off a lot of bells in head.

i've heard a few stories where a son or a daughter just "disappeared" and went into these fellowships/cults. Now, if my cousin was an adult, i would just leave him be; he's a college sophomore, and i feel it's an age where kids can still be brainwashed. Which i think is what is happening(or has happened) now.

i know that ultimately, the decision lies with him on which path in life to choose...but i suspect there is some other influence in play. i'm consider myself a Catholic, and i believe people have a choice to their faith...i but also believe that that choice should be a personal one, not just because someone in a fancy suit told you so.

So...how do i go about it? Obviously the out-in-the-open tongue-lashing from my aunts and uncles didn't work...what else can i try?
    Thanks
    Christian Fellowship in its true form is not a cult. A cult is a cult period.

Ano ba ang pangalan ng grupong yan?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks to all that replied.

it's some "fellowship" called CMG; none of my relatives seem to know much more aside from that. So far wala pa naman nakikitang major red flags. Ung pinsan ko kasing yan, isn't really the type na madaling mauto; maldito yan, and he's not the follow-the-herd-to-the-butchershop kind of guy.

Since joining, he's stopped drinking(no binging, just casual experimenting), playing cards(me sa-demonyo daw yun; pati poker hindi pwede), even going out at nights. We should be happy about that, but there's just something very unnatural about that when you know ung dati niyang ugali. He also tends to include the phrase "sabi sa Bible", bawal ito, bawal yan. In one heated argument me sinabi pa siya na "kung alam niyo lang yung nakasulat sa Bible) -- which just goes to show how little he knows about my uncle's and aunt's faith.

That sort of self-righteous b.s. just doesn't sit well with me; ewan ko lang if it's brought about by "brainswashing", or just plain naivety.

There was also one time when the "fellowship" asked for donations, e binigay ng uncle ko is 200 pesos...me minimum daw na 500 pesos donation. Son of a b....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    There was also one time when the "fellowship" asked for donations, e binigay ng uncle ko is 200 pesos...me minimum daw na 500 pesos donation. Son of a b....
    sabihan mo na wala na sa bible yan.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    diba 10% ng income sabi sa Bible (tama ba?)

kaya tawag nila ika-pu

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    thanks to all that replied.

it's some "fellowship" called CMG; none of my relatives seem to know much more aside from that. So far wala pa naman nakikitang major red flags. Ung pinsan ko kasing yan, isn't really the type na madaling mauto; maldito yan, and he's not the follow-the-herd-to-the-butchershop kind of guy.

Since joining, he's stopped drinking(no binging, just casual experimenting), playing cards(me sa-demonyo daw yun; pati poker hindi pwede), even going out at nights. We should be happy about that, but there's just something very unnatural about that when you know ung dati niyang ugali. He also tends to include the phrase "sabi sa Bible", bawal ito, bawal yan. In one heated argument me sinabi pa siya na "kung alam niyo lang yung nakasulat sa Bible) -- which just goes to show how little he knows about my uncle's and aunt's faith.

That sort of self-righteous b.s. just doesn't sit well with me; ewan ko lang if it's brought about by "brainswashing", or just plain naivety.

I don't see any reason to "deprogram" your cousin. It turns out na maganda ang nangyayari sa kanya ngayon. Bagong convert nga lang kaya mainit-init pa.

I assure you my wife is getting the same treatment from her catholic relatives after she got born again.

Though that minimum donation is something that worries me. In the circle we call it Love Gift, meaning kahit magkano as long as bukal sa loob. Lipat na lang sana sya ng ibang Evangelical Christian Group.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
How to "deprogram" my cousin