New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Watch some old Bird videos when he boxes out people, he holds their jersey and shorts near the waist. When he starts to post up try to put your thigh between his legs(at his buttocks area) to get leverage since you are lighter. If he leans on you step back and make him fall on his butt. When you go to block his shot if he is a righty use your left hand it will be closer to his shooting hand, opposite if he is a lefty. On the offensive side if you are in shape and faster than him make him work on defense by running the floor.
    As some have already said height wise you're close enough to play with him. I was 5'10" and 115lbs playing against a US Navy bball player who was 6'6" and 225lbs when I was 17 or 18 in Guam and I still managed to block his shot, of course I had hops back then now I will be lucky if I break 24" vertical.

What's the guys name anyways? I used to go to school at Baste for 2 years and trust me there was a time they had crappy players.

ps: Don't forget to use your elbow since it will be sharper than his.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    akala ko away hehe basketball pala

Dont play his game. Make him play yours.

pwede mo rin gawin yung suggestion ni yebo, ginawa ng teammate ko yan dati. without the "akin ka mamaya" haha pero sobrang nakakatawa habang tumatakbo at nagdedefend sya, nakahawak yung isang kamay sa butcheek ng kalaban. sa sobrang inis ng kalaban, nasira laro nya hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    di ko po ksi matandaan ang name nya legarda yata name nya not sure. Boss about submitting the nso nag papagawa lng sila yan eh kahit nga student licence lng ipasa pwede eh. Hindi sila ganoong strict nakakaasar nga eh. Well that's life

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    naku boss chip nakakahiya yun ang lalakas panaman mang asar ng mga tao dun sa may sanjuan cainta ayaw koma banyagan ng "bakla" amp naman oh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basketball is a team game, ask you teammates to help you defending him,

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    basta .... be yourself.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    poke him in the eye

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    a dos por dos should make your size about equal as his. hehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    o kaya kagatin mo sa tenga, gaya nung ginawa ni Tyson...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    how do you play a bigger guy than you who plays PF / C pero ikaw mas maliit na PF / C????

Fundamentals lang pre... defense position bigay mo yung chest mo not your other parts kasi pag umikot yan sayo at sumabit sa arms mo foul ka agad...

kung gusto mo may distansya you can place your arms in a square position para pwede mo sya ma-push "legally"...

move laterally to the left & right in big steps to deny him position...

Pag tumalon na sya sa low post wag mo ng sabayan just raise your arms and just give your chest...

Sa rebound siguraduhin mo na wag nya makuha yung bola by boxing out at denying him position...

saka pag may ref... gandahan mo lang stance mo para pag umikot... fake or flop ka sigurado offensive foul yan...

Saka isipin mo na lang ikaw si Rodman... enforce your D...

Yan mga ginagawa ko dati nung kalakasan ko pa magbasket. M just a 6'1 guy pero madali ko lang bantayan mga 6'6 to 6-8 players....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
how to deal with a bigger & stronger guy!!