New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What do you think about having a baby before marriage?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's okay for me! Live and let live.

25 53.19%
  • Okay for me but will consider my relatives' approval.

7 14.89%
  • Definitely not. It's not right!

15 31.91%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I am a conservative person in most matters so I choose marry first then have a child. Afterall, its also for your protection under the law.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i think its ok nowadays. i happened to me. hehe.. me and my gf got married after her giving birth to our baby.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by juntzo View Post
    My gf of 5 years and I have been living together for almost a year now. Today she missed her period and she thinks she is pregnant. For me it's a wonderful thing! But for her, she has some apprehensions that some of her relatives will not approve!

I will marry her anytime of course. No problem. But what annoys me is that thing about what others will think of us having a baby before getting married. We are both professionals and have good jobs that pays well. We are also very much of legal age!

Here in the Philippines, is it still a big deal to have a baby before getting married? What do you think?
    Does it matter to you if its a big deal or not? You love her, she loves you, you want to marry her, you want to provide the child as her father... Its as simple as that. It doesnt matter whether it's a big deal or not.

It's important that the child grows up with a father - actually one of the reasons why people would rather see marriage first before the pregnancy. If she is pregnant, then... she is pregnant. We cant erase the past and change that fact. It may be a big deal, or it may not be a big deal... whatever it is, we just have to deal with it!

She is apprehensive about what people say, blah blah blah. Anyone would think that way, perhaps even me. But as I said, it's already done, and we have to start thinking about the next step of action, not what will be the next thing on other people's mind. I think that this sort of thing is a big deal with any society. It is just that some societies prefer not to lambast the persons involved. In any country, teenage pregnancies are not being promoted, because it is a big deal. It isnt just the Philppines. In other countries it's even a big deal to have babies even when you're married (due to population issues)!

No matter whatever it is, we just have to deal with it, and do what you think is right. I think it would be a mistake for the couple to miss out on doing the right things because they succumbed to pressure because they were ashamed of what other people thought. I think that would be a big deal for you and your family.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    You mention that you have been living together for the past five years, syempre ang relationship nyo nasa ibang level na, maybe it's about time you both share your love and life with another human being(love child nyo yan!) marami nga dyan gumagastos para lang magkaanak. Siguro mabuti nyan pakasal na kayo para di na mag alala ang GF mo, kasi nakakasama yan sa bata, you might regret it in the end... As for the relatives namaN, it's a natural reaction, syempre kadugo! pero, what's important is whatever you decide, sa puso niyo manggagaling ang final decision and you won't regret it in the end. Goodluck at sana mabalitaan mo kami sa next move niyo!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Having a Baby Before Marriage! Still a Big Deal?