New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Thanks doc! I can comfortably afford it naman. In fact I already have the money for it. Medyo nanghihinayang lang sa amount. Maybe I'm being stingy to a fault na. Happiness and memories are priceless (i know i know marketing bs ng credit card) pero there's a bit of truth in it naman.

I appreciate the input. Yung persistent and nagging thought lang na worth it ba? I mean why hire a bus when you only need to transport 2 people di ba? Di ko alam kung ano yung sakto lang vs sa overkill.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
    If it bothers you that much, why not lower your budget to a level where you do not feel guilty on splurging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Im an outlier here. I never bought an engagement ring for my wife. Went the practical route and saved the money to help finance the DP for our first home. To this day, many many years later, we both dont regret it.

Am lucky my wife has no desire for jewelry bags watches etc at all.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Im an outlier here. I never bought an engagement ring for my wife. Went the practical route and saved the money to help finance the DP for our first home. To this day, many many years later, we both dont regret it.

you did well!

actually it isn't really about money. a diamond ring isn't really that expensive. the important thing is the mindset. a diamond is BS any way you cut it pun intended LOL. subscribing to the diamond mindset is harmful in the long run

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

Before my wife and I got married, all we had were a pair of cheap silver wedding bands. Para pag nagsabi sa taxi na "sa Pasig po" kunwari kasal na (malay namin kung judgemental si manong driver), haha.

I don't know why it never occurred to us to have an engagement phase. Perhaps coz we were mutually crazy about each other?

Those silver wedding bands eventually became our wedding rings when we had our civil wedding. Sa Church wedding na lang kami bumili ng totoong wedding bands.

Tapatalked

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
engagement ring