New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    The urge stopped around the 2nd year, hardest is the first 3 days to a week, but i didnt have any withdrawals coz i have grieving at the time, lost my father due to lung cancer, i talked to the people at nurse station at st lukes, 80-90% of their cancer patients are of the lungs. That totally made me quit.
    My dad died early this year and the last advice he gave me was to quit. I didn't really followed it... until a few months later when I had a heart attack. This made me quit immediately.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    ...and I thought cold turkey is dangerous...
    if it's half-cook bro and it's cold, it has the tendency to induce diarrhea. DO YOU WANT TO QUIT SMOKING, etc.?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "if you really want to quit, then quit! don't look for crutches and excuses.."

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    My dad died early this year and the last advice he gave me was to quit. I didn't really followed it... until a few months later when I had a heart attack. This made me quit immediately.
    i know of acquaintances.. who quit cold turkey because someone close to them had a brush with death that was associated with un-healthy living habits... the so-called "scare of their lives".

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 99moves View Post
    smoked 1 pack a day for 14 years before quitting last year. tried vaping kaso wala din, magastos pa.

sa mga desperado dyan try to find a copy of allen carr's easyway to stop smoking. you must be determined though. kasi first time ko basahin half-hearted lang ako sa pag quit, curious lang ako kung effective. didn't smoke for four days, before this di ko kaya walang yosi, most i could so was about a few hours without a smoke. kaso christmas season and medyo gusto ko pa magyosi kaya sindi uli after 4 days.

then last year seryoso na, after reading it again wala na yosi hanggang ngayon. funny thing is the author strictly instructs you to continue smoking while reading the book, and stop when you are finished. nakalagay pa nga kung kelan ka magsmoke ng last cigarette mo hehe.
    Sir. Pa share nman ng book or link to find it. Thanks. 20yrs smoking 1 pack a day... haaaayyy

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    if it's half-cook bro and it's cold, it has the tendency to induce diarrhea. DO YOU WANT TO QUIT SMOKING, etc.?
    Butangi! Lol!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by R0TC1V View Post
    Sir. Pa share nman ng book or link to find it. Thanks. 20yrs smoking 1 pack a day... haaaayyy
    Try this link

Allen Carr'''s Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life

Best of luck 🍀

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    My last stick i guess was in 1996. On average about 6 sticks on a normal day but can puff 2 packs while drinking.
    Ang maganda sa akin pag may hangover, at least 3 days yan na walang yosi and really hate a cigarrete smoke. Kaya nung minsan na napasobra ang aking HO, after yung usual na 3 days na walang yosi biglang nawala na yung aking urge to smoke and haven't look back thereafter.
    Not only smoking does contribute in the narrowing of the arteries... one of my kumpare had undergone the knife due to triple bypass operation and he's not a smoker but heavy on red meat diet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009

DO YOU WANT TO QUIT SMOKING, etc.?DO YOU WANT TO QUIT SMOKING, etc.?DO YOU WANT TO QUIT SMOKING, etc.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by R0TC1V View Post
    Smoke more than 2 packets per day before I quit, nagpakunsulta ako sa philadelphia at humingi ng prescription para sa Zyban (35 tablet) at ginamit ko lang for a week at nawalan na ako ng gana sa sigarilyo. Last time I smoke was year 2003.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
DO YOU WANT TO QUIT SMOKING, etc.?