New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    i wasnt able to quit cold turkey, but i switched to vaping. but atleast vape does not smell bad unlike cigarettes, and does not have as much chemicals as cigs. and you wont have cancer too! (though its not yet proven if it does not cause cancer and if it really is a safer alternative to smoking)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    i wasnt able to quit cold turkey, but i switched to vaping. but atleast vape does not smell bad unlike cigarettes, and does not have as much chemicals as cigs. and you wont have cancer too! (though its not yet proven if it does not cause cancer and if it really is a safer alternative to smoking)

although vape is "less harmful" than traditional cigarette smoke, there is evidence that it is carcinogenic, nonetheless.
    maybe after a few more years, when definitive proof in the form of bodies...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    although vape is "less harmful" than traditional cigarette smoke, there is evidence that it is carcinogenic, nonetheless.
    maybe after a few more years, when definitive proof in the form of bodies...
    i am curious though, what ingredient could cause cancer in the vape?

according to my research vape juice consists of these ingredients: propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, nicotine (optional), and flavoring.

also according to my research, propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin are common ingredients in the food we eat and the products we use (like mayo, lotion, etc)

again according to my research, many sources indicate that nicotine has little to no harmful effects (of course if you dont overdose). and nicotine is found in trace amounts on most food (mostly vegetables). though i couldnt find solid proof to back up that statement...

as for the flavoring, it has been shown that buttery flavors may be harmful as they may contain diacetyl and acetyl propionyl. those chemicals give butter flavored foods their buttery taste and are harmless when consumed but harmful when inhaled.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Started smoking in high school. Decided to quit during college. When i was working I was just an occasional smoker only during inuman sessions. I finally completely stopped smoking when my friends & I had a biggest loser contest between ourselves (in which I won hehe). I keep telling my friends, "Ang dali mag quit, ilang beses ko na ginawa yun!" hehe. Seriously, cold turkey is the way to go.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Yung vaping na binebenta dito, dumaan ba sa BFAD approval? If not, then they can put all sorts of crap in there

Regardless, vape man or sigarilyo, i certainly don't appreciate how some smokers blow smoke into my face. i can remember a time when smokers had the courtesy of exhaling over your head.
    Last edited by badkuk; September 19th, 2016 at 10:52 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I would rather smoke cigarettes than vape...

But yes, cold turkey is effective. That's how I quit. Pero at my peak I could smoke half pack a day unless I am out drinking, that would be about 1 pack the whole day.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bad trip din ako diyan sa mga vapers, parang sinasadya pa na magpausok talaga. I don't care if it's healthier or something compare to traditional cigarettes. But I still don't have plans of inhaling smoke that came out of somebody else's lungs.

Parang mga gago eh it's like non-smokers are begging for their vape's smoke.

Huwag na lang kasi mag exhale pag mag yosi or vape.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Like what I read from a sticker before: If you have the right to smoke, I have the right to breathe.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Bad trip din ako diyan sa mga vapers, parang sinasadya pa na magpausok talaga. I don't care if it's healthier or something compare to traditional cigarettes. But I still don't have plans of inhaling smoke that came out of somebody else's lungs.

Parang mga gago eh it's like non-smokers are begging for their vape's smoke.

Mabango yung usok pero mas mausok pa sa cigarettes. Somehow it feels so chemical and more harmful than cigarettes for me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Mabango yung usok pero mas mausok pa sa cigarettes. Somehow it feels so chemical and more harmful than cigarettes for me.

Kahit sobrang bango pa. Wala pa rin ako plano inhale yun usok.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
DO YOU WANT TO QUIT SMOKING, etc.?