New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Cold turkey two years ago. Never touched a stick ever since, even when with smoker friends. Kung gusto may paraan...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    Over the years I tried quitting but was unsuccessful, until my heart attack at a relatively young age.

Kaya immediately after, I just quit.

Mabuti na lang my lungs are still clear but my heart arteries were really fvcked up bad.

I hope you totally quit one of these days, bro 👊
    Thanks for the reminder... pangdagdag motivation din.

For me naman kaya ako nakapag reduce kasi binigyan naman ako ng extreme sinusitis kaya kadalasan kapag nagkaroon ako ng colds tumatagal bago gumaling.

May warning na EENT and Cardio ko nagsabay kasi last time extreme headache then tumaas blood pressure DO YOU WANT TO QUIT SMOKING, etc.?

Sent via Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako on and off. i was able to quit many times but started again after a few years. now i smoke when at work but always stop when i am on vacation. ewan ko pero the minute i step in an airport it either turns on or off.

last month i decided to quit na talaga. sabi ko sa sarili ko e i will start the new year early. 5th week now smoke free.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wifey said if you smokey, no honey so....

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i don't smoke. never had. it seemed to me like it was the equivalent of burning money. and i like money.
    so i am curious... why did you guys pick up the smoking habit in the first place?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I was a social smoker in college but I became a regular smoker when I started working. It was to relieve stress. ALL of my work friends smoked back then hehe. I started late, that's probably why I can quit anytime. On a regular day I smoke 8 sticks a day at the most (2 start of day, 2 am break, 2 after lunch, 2 afternoon break)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by _Cathy_; December 13th, 2015 at 12:18 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I made a promise to myself that I will quit smoking this Jan 1, 2016.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i don't smoke. never had. it seemed to me like it was the equivalent of burning money. and i like money.
    so i am curious... why did you guys pick up the smoking habit in the first place?
    Simply put addictive kasi sya. Parang alak try try lang. Pag virgin lungs ka pa may sensation yan parang mahihilo ka konte. And then try mo ulit, next thing you know hooked ka na. Nasty habit, smoking.
    Pag smoker ka struggling to quit then bigla kang na stress, sobrang 'high' pag sumindi ka.
    The struggle is real.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    My parents were both heavy smokers but they quit later in life.

Later in college I picked up the habit from close friends. Yun na.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Smoker for almost 12 years. 2months since i last smoked a cigarette. Switched to vaping though and i mostly use low nicotine or zero nicotine juices. Siguro in a few more weeks ill be using strictly zero nic juices na. Its more enjoyable, but the end goal is to stop completely. Problem is when your vice becomes a hobby, mas mahirap bitawan. Spending way more money now too.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
DO YOU WANT TO QUIT SMOKING, etc.?