New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buried in the ground

    14 23.33%
  • Cremated (burned)

    37 61.67%
  • Either one is okay for me

    6 10.00%
  • Neither one, let others decide na lang

    3 5.00%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 158
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    45,784
    #121
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    let's see

    burial:
    cost of embalming?
    casket - depende sa design, local or imported. some can be a couple of hundred thousand or more.
    land - at himlayang pilipino 375k for inner lots, underground burial, double internment. 1M for a lot for 8 internments. 1.6M for 18 internments not including cost of building the mausoleum. this is 2 above ground, 4 below ground and 12 bone crypts.

    cremation - at la loma columbary it was 15k a few years ago.
    columbary - from 35k (double internment) at la loma a few years ago. at st. vincent (tandang sora) it was from 55k single internment.
    Nagulat nga ako ang mahal ng casket. Metal cost almost half a million (10 yrs ago) Mas mahal pa yung bronze. But then again there are cheap wood caskets.

    What happens to the casket pag cremation?

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,270
    #122
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Nagulat nga ako ang mahal ng casket. Metal cost almost half a million (10 yrs ago) Mas mahal pa yung bronze. But then again there are cheap wood caskets.

    What happens to the casket pag cremation?

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Yung iba rent lang tapos ibabalik sa funeral parlor, linisin, tapos next tenant. Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    45,784
    #123
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yung iba rent lang tapos ibabalik sa funeral parlor, linisin, tapos next tenant. Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Seriously That's like renting a toothbrush.

  4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,196
    #124
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Seriously That's like renting a toothbrush.
    "none of the customers complained."

    besides, they clean it well, before the next user comes in.
    we don't have to worry about non-matching hair strands.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 17th, 2018 at 08:59 PM.

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,581
    #125
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Nagulat nga ako ang mahal ng casket. Metal cost almost half a million (10 yrs ago) Mas mahal pa yung bronze. But then again there are cheap wood caskets.

    What happens to the casket pag cremation?

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    we donated it to charity...mostly nuns..

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,581
    #126
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "none of the customers complained."

    besides, they clean it well, before the next user comes in.
    we don't have to worry about non-matching hair strands.
    heh heh.
    my dad's urn is with my mother..fixture na sa house...visitors dont notice it..

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,196
    #127
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    my dad's urn is with my mother..fixture na sa house...visitors dont notice it..

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    "just be sure it doesn't topple over and spill."
    heh heh.

    funny why they call it "ashes".
    it's anything, but.

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,915
    #128
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    we donated it to charity...mostly nuns..

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Same here.

    Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,851
    #129
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    There is another option: alkaline hydrolysis.

    Dissolving the dead - A radical alternative to burial and cremation | BBC
    by William Kremer
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "tutunawin ka ng liquid zosa."
    Ewww. "The Little Mermaid Option" sounds much nicer.

    With eyes already glazing she looked once more at the Prince, hurled herself over the bulwarks into the sea, and felt her body dissolve in foam.
    from: The Little Mermaid fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    45,784
    #130
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Ewww. "The Little Mermaid Option" sounds much nicer.



    from: The Little Mermaid fairy tale by Hans Christian Andersen
    OT: I'm glad I read the non-Disney versions of Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast etc.

    I hate how Disney changed the story from the original

Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???