New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buried in the ground

14 22.95%
  • Cremated (burned)

38 62.30%
  • Either one is okay for me

6 9.84%
  • Neither one, let others decide na lang

3 4.92%
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Bakit karamihan ng dead cine cremate? Is this a requirement during covid? Kasi yung mga old school traditional catholic aren't for cremation (when my maternal lola passed away in the US, we flew her to the PH because nobody gets cremated in our family kasi)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    1. if covid dead, cremate. that is why, relatives get covid clearance if they want their departed one's body to remain intact during the wake.

2. cremate might be cheaper in the long run. ... entombment versus en-urnment...

3. personal choices.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Now mandatory if covid19 positive sunog talaga. kasi kahit punerarya tatanggihan ang patay kung positive....... Bilib pa ko sa umaamin na covid kinamatay tulad ni Gen. Danny Lim.... Pwedeng pwede sya mag military uniform sa wake. Uncle kong Ret Commodore sunog din April last year.

Sent from my BL6000Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Sa lahat kasi ng kilala ko na namatay since 2020 yung Lola ko lang hindi na cremate (but her body was flown to the US) Kaya napaisip ako kung mandate ba ng govt na lahat i cremate, yung Dad ng college BFF ko at Uncle ng officemate ko kasi died during the peak sometime March to May 2020, sama loob nila kasi derecho cremate kahit hindi covid.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    1. if covid dead, cremate. that is why, relatives get covid clearance if they want their departed one's body to remain intact during the wake.

2. cremate might be cheaper in the long run. ... entombment versus en-urnment...

3. personal choices.
    doc, they cremated noynoy e he isn't covid positive and money is not an object to them. Cory was not cremated naman, I am trying to recall now when the Roman Catholic church allowed cremation pero inabot ko pa when that was frowned upon.

I remember tuloy when my Mom got mad at me because I was insisting that I will go to the wake of Dr Cutie, I did NOT care anymore about the risks because I had to see him for the last time, then I found out he was cremated, so I did not go anymore, I just attended zoom mass for him DAILY until the last day, I was shocked he was cremated because he is also Opus dei

Anyway, kilalang kilala ako ng Mom ko, she came to my room to check on me and knew I would be crying because I'd probably remember Dr Cutie which is true! Same age kasi sila ni Pnoy and both good men.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sa lahat kasi ng kilala ko na namatay since 2020 yung Lola ko lang hindi na cremate (but her body was flown to the US) Kaya napaisip ako kung mandate ba ng govt na lahat i cremate, yung Dad ng college BFF ko at Uncle ng officemate ko kasi died during the peak sometime March to May 2020, sama loob nila kasi derecho cremate kahit hindi covid.

doc, they cremated noynoy e he isn't covid positive and money is not an object to them. Cory was not cremated naman, I am trying to recall now when the Roman Catholic church allowed cremation pero inabot ko pa when that was frowned upon.
    fear and ignorance, sometimes make us act irrationally or seguristally.
    enlightenment afterward, does settle our fears...

the Church started allowing cremation in 1963. there was a policy to be followed...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    fear and ignorance, sometimes make us act irrationally or seguristally.
    enlightenment afterward, does settle our fears...

the Church started allowing cremation in 1963. there was a policy to be followed...
    Pero doc I am 100% certain up until the 2000s that was frowned upon. Among traditional Roman Catholics it still is

2010s na lang ata ako nakakarinig ng cremation madalas. Ninoy and Cory were not cremated so I wonder why they cremated Pnoy

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Pero doc I am 100% certain up until the 2000s that was frowned upon. Among traditional Roman Catholics it still is

2010s na lang ata ako nakakarinig ng cremation madalas. Ninoy and Cory were not cremated so I wonder why they cremated Pnoy

i did say, "allowed".
    i did not say, "welcomed with full brass band".
    heh heh.

madalas na po ako nakakarinig ng cremation, even before covid. my own relatives...
    from what i gathered, it was to cheaper to cremate and then en-urn, compared to whole-body entombment.
    and then, there's the "some folks simply prefer cremation".

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    i did say, "allowed".
    i did not say, "welcomed with full brass band".
    heh heh.

madalas na po ako nakakarinig ng cremation, even before covid. my own relatives...
    from what i gathered, it was to cheaper to cremate and then en-urn, compared to whole-body entombment.
    and then, there's the "some folks simply prefer cremation".
    I know it's allowed that's why I said it's frowned upon by traditional/conservative Roman Catholics

Ang pinagtataka ko why the sudden increase in cremation in the recent years. Well it seems like it is now welcomed with a full brass band

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Our families have prepared for our ultimate destiny already. Nakabili na kami ng memorial plans for cremation services and slots in a columbarium. Not for each one though as transferable naman usually ang said plans.

Me and my brother had been averse to the idea of us being burned after death. So when my sister bought plans before di pa kami kumuha. Naghahanap lang kami ng medyo murang plot for us (pwede kasing top and bottom - sort of 2-in-1) sa memorial park. Pero nung nagkaroon ng parang special memorial plan sale na mura talaga kumuha na rin kami pareho. Malapit nga lang kasi ang place sa amin, so not an inconvenience sa mga maiiwang kamag-anak na dadalaw. Pero ongoing pa rin naman yung paghahanap namin ng affordable plot for me and my bro in lieu of cremation. Takot talaga kami masunog.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I know it's allowed that's why I said it's frowned upon by traditional/conservative Roman Catholics

Ang pinagtataka ko why the sudden increase in cremation in the recent years. Well it seems like it is now welcomed with a full brass band

simply put,
    the public's eyes have been opened to the possibilities.

dati-rati, kakaunti lang and out of the way ang urn parks.
    nowadays, even local parish churches have urn parks.

then, there's the long-term cost.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 24th, 2021 at 10:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Our families have prepared for our ultimate destiny already. Nakabili na kami ng memorial plans for cremation services and slots in a columbarium. Not for each one though as transferable naman usually ang said plans.

Me and my brother had been averse to the idea of us being burned after death. So when my sister bought plans before di pa kami kumuha. Naghahanap lang kami ng medyo murang plot for us (pwede kasing top and bottom - sort of 2-in-1) sa memorial park. Pero nung nagkaroon ng parang special memorial plan sale na mura talaga kumuha na rin kami pareho. Malapit nga lang kasi ang place sa amin, so not an inconvenience sa mga maiiwang kamag-anak na dadalaw. Pero ongoing pa rin naman yung paghahanap namin ng affordable plot for me and my bro in lieu of cremation. Takot talaga kami masunog.
    Same, feeling ko kasi wala ka nga sa impiyerno pero sinunog na katawan. My family from both sides are conservative Roman Catholic so it's not practiced talaga.

simply put,
    the public's eyes have been opened to the possibilities.

dati-rati, kakaunti lang and out of the way ang urn parks.
    nowadays, even local parish churches have urn parks.

then, there's the long-term cost.
    convenient nga doc, kapag sa parish. Pero ang con niyan pag November 1 hindi kayo makakapag sama sama ng family na parang reunion at may kainan hehe.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    My aunt was cremated in 2004. My uncle on 2000. Our clan, is traditional catholics some sisters of my lolo are nuns. Okay naman. Wala naman naging issue even with relatives in the religious order.

Regarding living vs. cremate. Its mostly because of costs. Columbarium unit at st.therese near resorts world can be had at 60k.
    When my dad passed away, my mom didnt like the location od the vault for my dad. So we had to buy a new one worth 60k, on the day his ashes was supposed to go in.

Cost of cremation is same as hukay of the grave.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???