New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buried in the ground

14 22.95%
  • Cremated (burned)

38 62.30%
  • Either one is okay for me

6 9.84%
  • Neither one, let others decide na lang

3 4.92%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Why are people choosing cremation over burial nowadays. I know this is frowned upon by conservative Roman Catholics. When my maternal Lola passed away in the US, we brought her back in the Philippines. My Lola did NOT want to be cremated and it was also for friends and family who wanted to see her for the last time.

I'm not sure but I think my Uncle will be cremated because why is his body wrapped in all white bandage? I'm sure friends and family would want to see him for the last time. The hardest moment is when they close that casket because you know that is the last you will see of them. Why burn the body and lose the last remaining time to see the person?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Why are people choosing cremation over burial nowadays. I know this is frowned upon by conservative Roman Catholics. When my maternal Lola passed away in the US, we brought her back in the Philippines. My Lola did NOT want to be cremated and it was also for friends and family who wanted to see her for the last time.

I'm not sure but I think my Uncle will be cremated because why is his body wrapped in all white bandage? I'm sure friends and family would want to see him for the last time. The hardest moment is when they close that casket because you know that is the last you will see of them. Why burn the body and lose the last remaining time to see the person?
    remnants is just a shell...memories are more important...catholics believe the will rise(resurected) when jesus comes back..that why they dont want to be cremated..think about it...worms vs fire? which will you choose?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Because land is expensive.

Also, the wake is the same for a burial and a cremation. When my uncle passed away, we had several days of mourning at the wake before he was cremated. You still get a last look if you want. The difference is that instead of being buried underground, he went into an incinerator and we took home his ashes afterward.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Because land is expensive.

Also, the wake is the same for a burial and a cremation. When my uncle passed away, we had several days of mourning at the wake before he was cremated. You still get a last look if you want. The difference is that instead of being buried underground, he went into an incinerator and we took home his ashes afterward.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    The last wake I went to (friend's Lola), the body was cremated right away and then the viewing was ashes already (cost was definitely not an issue).

I am relieved to find out that my Uncle will not be cremated. I'm just wondering why he was wrapped in white bandage in a stretcher

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    remnants is just a shell...memories are more important...catholics believe the will rise(resurected) when jesus comes back..that why they dont want to be cremated..think about it...worms vs fire? which will you choose?

Worms. I associate fire with hell kasi

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

cremation is now easily available and is a personal choice, tempered with cost and cosmetics, whichever ends up cheaper or "more agreeable", i suppose.
    and yes, the Catholic Church allows it.

i think the wrapping is for "transport protection". it can be removed by the relatives, once the body is delivered to them.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 16th, 2018 at 10:45 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Worms. I associate fire with hell kasi

how about the people who died in fires? how you leave this earth doesnt dictate how you will spend your eternity

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    how about the people who died in fires? how you leave this earth doesnt dictate how you will spend your eternity

That's different. What I meant is if the person is already dead, I'm just not comfortable with the thought of burning the body. It's not practiced in our family din kasi.

I don't understand the sudden popularity of cremation. Is it really that much cheaper than land? Because the Catholic Church does not allow the ash to stay at home.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    That's different. What I meant is if the person is already dead, I'm just not comfortable with the thought of burning the body. It's not practiced in our family din kasi.

I don't understand the sudden popularity of cremation. Is it really that much cheaper than land? Because the Catholic Church does not allow the ash to stay at home.

cemetery real estate is expensive.
    yes, the Church and the law, do not allow ashes to stay at home for longer than 6 months (?) after death. but it is a common practice...
    why ashes are not allowed at home, i do not know. whatever the reason, i do not think, potential for infection is one of them.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

let's see

burial:
    cost of embalming?
    casket - depende sa design, local or imported. some can be a couple of hundred thousand or more.
    land - at himlayang pilipino 375k for inner lots, underground burial, double internment. 1M for a lot for 8 internments. 1.6M for 18 internments not including cost of building the mausoleum. this is 2 above ground, 4 below ground and 12 bone crypts.

cremation - at la loma columbary it was 15k a few years ago.
    columbary - from 35k (double internment) at la loma a few years ago. at st. vincent (tandang sora) it was from 55k single internment.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???