New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buried in the ground

14 22.95%
  • Cremated (burned)

38 62.30%
  • Either one is okay for me

6 9.84%
  • Neither one, let others decide na lang

3 4.92%
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Vatican bans Catholics from keeping ashes of loved ones at home | World news | The Guardian

It says:
    -
    Catholics are forbidden from keeping the ashes of cremated loved ones at home, scattering them, dividing them between family members or turning them into mementoes, the Vatican has ruled.

Ashes must be stored in a sacred place, such as a cemetery,
    -

This was announced just before Nov. 2 this year.

Tapatalked
    Really? We kept pieces of my brother's bones because they had a green stain and our family follows the belief that these meant our brother was a good person and that it brings good luck to the family members left behind.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Diesel View Post
    Really? We kept pieces of my brother's bones because they had a green stain and our family follows the belief that these meant our brother was a good person and that it brings good luck to the family members left behind.
    I don't know what this means for those who are already keeping or have already spread their dead ones' ashes somewhere. I guess the Church can't do anything about that.

As for current and future cremations, I dunno how the church "enforces" it. Do they monitor every Catholic funeral and keep tabs on all ashes?

Tapatalked

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    I don't know what this means for those who have already kept or spread their dead ones' ashes. I guess the Church can't do anything about that.

As for current and future cremations, I dunno how the church "enforces" it. Do they monitor every Catholic funeral and keep tabs on all ashes?

Tapatalked
    Maybe it's the job of the priest who will bless the deceased before cremation to remind the family that keeping bones or ashes is now bawal.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Cremate, then have my ashes spread over our favorite beach...so every time a wave comes in , they can imagine my face saying "yoooooohooooo, wag nyo ako kamilutaaan!"

Seriously though, dunno what the exact circumstances were, parang pinapaalis na ng landowner yung mga me nakalibing dun. My uncle thought it best to transfer na lang, since they weren't maintaining the place anyway -- mud everywhere, evidence of street kids messing up the puntods, etc.

Then i heard my cousins had the same plan, di ko na sigurado whether it's about the "fees" or pinapaalis na rin.

i also visited a public cemetery in Cebu when i was a kid. We were led to this large water tank, but oddly it was buried in the ground....
    ...turns out that if the relatives didn't pay the dues, they would dig up the graves and dump the remains in that tank. i remember being bitten by an ant there, and thinking that that ant probably had eaten human flesh

All that said....meh, i think i'll skip burial and just go right ahead with cremation. i would like to think my family would think about me from time to time, but i wouldn't want to trouble them with all that.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Edit:
    "Seriously though, dunno what the exact circumstances were, parang pinapaalis na ng landowner yung mga me nakalibing dun. My uncle thought it best to transfer na lang, since they weren't maintaining the place anyway -- mud everywhere, evidence of street kids messing up the puntods, etc."

^^^ this should be:

Yung nangyari sa lolo ko...dunno what the exact circumstances were, parang pinapaalis na ng landowner yung mga me nakalibing dun. My uncle thought it best to transfer na lang, since they weren't maintaining the place anyway -- mud everywhere, evidence of street kids messing up the puntods, etc.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Just to add, there are some new gimmicks with burial:

-- you can be buried with a tree seedling. The tree basically feeds on your remains, which will become your tombstone. Creepy imho.
    -- i read about this guy who worked with marine life to his dying day....his ashes were mixed with cement/fiberglass and made into a reef. They then installed it at the bottom of the ocean as part of an artificial reef. Cool ^_^

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Just to add, there are some new gimmicks with burial:

-- you can be buried with a tree seedling. The tree basically feeds on your remains, which will become your tombstone. Creepy imho.
    -- i read about this guy who worked with marine life to his dying day....his ashes were mixed with cement/fiberglass and made into a reef. They then installed it at the bottom of the ocean as part of an artificial reef. Cool ^_^
    Those are nice bro, but will still release the toxins accumulated in your body into the environment. Cremation also does this.

I know my family will probably think I'm crazy, but I'm considering the mushroom burial suit:

FAQs >> Coeio

The mushrooms chelate your toxins before releasing it into the environment and will be safer.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Isn't it bawal for Catholics to keep the urn at home?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    we are not catholics

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    Those are nice bro, but will still release the toxins accumulated in your body into the environment. Cremation also does this.

I know my family will probably think I'm crazy, but I'm considering the mushroom burial suit:

FAQs >> Coeio

The mushrooms chelate your toxins before releasing it into the environment and will be safer.
    Interesting. Wifey and I have decided we would be cremated though. Columbary is cheaper and can accommodate 4 urns.

-----------------------
    ➰Shine the light➰
    -----------------------

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Re burial: if you do have a plot of land in a memorial park, can you bury as many relatives there? Me nakita ako, at first look it seems like there are only two people buried there, pero me mga lapida with different names at the sides.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???