New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buried in the ground

14 22.95%
  • Cremated (burned)

38 62.30%
  • Either one is okay for me

6 9.84%
  • Neither one, let others decide na lang

3 4.92%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last July 10 2008 we had our mother, my friend cremated. Nasa bahay na sya ngayon. She is the first in our family to be cremated. Meron pa din kami space sa Mandaluyong Cemetary for 12 bodies on 2 lots, bahala na sila.

But I would prefer to be burried within 24 hrs.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Kahit ano but I prefer to have all my organs donated para makapakinabangan ng mga nangangailangan since I'm dead at that time, para at least pag namatay ako, nakatulong pa din ako.
    agree din ako dito. i would like to be able to make my death beneficial to others in need somehow, kaya organ donation nalang, tapus ung remains ko, cremate na.

Beneficial AND economical...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Ask ko lang po need pa ba iburol bago i-cremate? o pwede na direct cremation?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i hope i don't sound off being disrespectful, but it should be no problem for God to turn your ashes back into flesh and blood to resurrect you B)

Eto kasi ang di ko matanggap: say you lived and died a good Christian, then for some reason your remains got cremated -- either walang budget ung family mo for burial, you fell into a blast furnace, or you got stuck on Ground Zero when the H-bomb got dropped -- just for that simple technicality, e hindi ka na ireresurrect? That seems a bit unfair for me.

Say to do get buried; bodies decompose, and you become worm food, and eventually plant food. In other words, it's not "flesh and blood" anymore. How different is that from turning ash back into flesh and blood?

Same with the beliefs of Muslims that the body should be buried within 24-hours, or else they won't go to paradise: say the guy was a good Muslim, pero namatay siya during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, and his body got incinerated, or just left on the wayside to rot: null and void na ung life niya as a good Muslim just because of that?

Somehow, i have to believe that God will judge us beyond mere technicality; that to me is True Goodness, that to me is fair and just. Peace :peace:
    Last edited by badkuk; May 25th, 2010 at 11:26 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cremate for me.

My dad was cremated and buried at our local parish crypt when he passed away. No hassle in maintenance and very its convenient for the family as we can visit almost anytime we want to as compared to having to make a trip to the cemetery.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i hope i don't sound off being disrespectful, but it should be no problem for God to turn your ashes back into flesh and blood to resurrect you B)

Eto kasi ang di ko matanggap: say you lived and died a good Christian, then for some reason your remains got cremated -- either walang budget ung family mo for burial, you fell into a blast furnace, or you got stuck on Ground Zero when the H-bomb got dropped -- just for that simple technicality, e hindi ka na ireresurrect? That seems a bit unfair for me.

Say to do get buried; bodies decompose, and you become worm food, and eventually plant food. In other words, it's not "flesh and blood" anymore. How different is that from turning ash back into flesh and blood?

Same with the beliefs of Muslims that the body should be buried within 24-hours, or else they won't go to paradise: say the guy was a good Muslim, pero namatay siya during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, and his body got incinerated, or just left on the wayside to rot: null and void na ung life niya as a good Muslim just because of that?

Somehow, i have to believe that God will judge us beyond mere technicality; that to me is True Goodness, that to me is fair and just. Peace :peace:
    +1.. very well said..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Maganda rin iyong isinasakay sa balsa at ipinapaanod sa tubig (sea, river, or lake). Tapos papanain ng panang may apoy para roon masunog ang bangkay...

10.9K:lotsocoffee:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Maganda rin iyong isinasakay sa balsa at ipinapaanod sa tubig (sea, river, or lake). Tapos papanain ng panang may apoy para roon masunog ang bangkay...

10.9K:lotsocoffee:

haha yon ang gusto ko, pero in this modern times mukhang di na pwede yon. so cremated na lang para mura pa, yung natipid pang inom ng family and friends habang nasa burol para masaya ang lahat, pati ako habang nasa burol gusto ko naka ngiti ang gawin sakin at suot ko ang ray-ban aviator ko para cool.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cryo preservation.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Plastination. Then put me on display at Gunther von Hagens' Body Worlds.

Joke lang ha!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???