New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buried in the ground

14 22.95%
  • Cremated (burned)

38 62.30%
  • Either one is okay for me

6 9.84%
  • Neither one, let others decide na lang

3 4.92%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Cremate for me. Cheaper and cleaner and less fuss to those you left behind....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    cremate din ako. tapos sa bahay lang nila ako ilagay. para walang problema every nov 1.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I want to be buried sa ground. My family believes that cremation is a no-no. According to the bible kasi on the resurrection day the dead in Christ will rise again:

• 1 Corinthians 15:35-55
      It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies. …Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled: "Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" (Excerpt Verses 42-44; 54-55 NLT)
    • 1 Thessalonians 4:16
      "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first."(NIV)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    I want to be buried sa ground. My family believes that cremation is a no-no. According to the bible kasi on the resurrection day the dead in Christ will rise again:
    • 1 Corinthians 15:35-55
      It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies. …Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled: "Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" (Excerpt Verses 42-44; 54-55 NLT)
    • 1 Thessalonians 4:16
      "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first."(NIV)
    my personal take on this is I don't take what the bibles say literally....I mean time change so as the manner on how should we be "buried"...

if in the bible it say that earthy bodies should be buried in the ground, well, it just because they don't have cremation yet at that time...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    my personal take on this is I don't take what the bibles say literally....I mean time change so as the manner on how should we be "buried"...

if in the bible it say that earthy bodies should be buried in the ground, well, it just because they don't have cremation yet at that time...
    I think they do already. Before they do it with their kings, have their bodies float sa river or sea in a flaming boat or something. so i guess cremations is done even before.

well true, time changes but my family still believe in having our body buried in the ground.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    I think they do already. Before they do it with their kings, have their bodies float sa river or sea in a flaming boat or something. so i guess cremations is done even before.
    if they have been doing it before eh di ok pala..hehehe

well true, time changes but my family still believe in having our body buried in the ground.
    your right, personal choices I guess...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    if they have been doing it before eh di ok pala..hehehe

your right, personal choices I guess...
    well i also watched it sa History channel when they have this episode about Burial traditions

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    be buried in the ground.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If i could have the way and means, i prefer to be burried like the Muslims or the Jews in Jesus' time, walang embalment (& removal ng lamang loob)...why?...imagine kung na-cremate si Lazarus, papaano pa siya mabubuhay ni Kristo...Jesus Christ himself, imagine if he resurrected from ashes...

But I won't mind being cremated for economy & convenience ng maiiwan...

I remember reading a book by a priest advocating cremation...he compared cremation to the "Light" when Jesus ascended to heaven in flesh and spirit...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Kahit ano but I prefer to have all my organs donated para makapakinabangan ng mga nangangailangan since I'm dead at that time, para at least pag namatay ako, nakatulong pa din ako.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Which do you prefer? Buried or Cremated ???