New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    My brother is in a dilemma right now because he and his girlfriend of 3 years are starting to talk about the prospect of getting married by summer of next year.

We've known the girl for about 10 years and we also know very well the marriage history of her family. Her mom and dad had split and both have had their own "live-in" partners. Her only sister had also just recently split with her husband of 9 years of which she has two kids. Barely 2 years after the split, she has her new live-in partner.

My only Bro is now worried that this might happen to them if they tie the knot I used to kid around with him about this but now I realize that it can happen. Or not . My bro trusts the love between them but I guess he took my "everything changes when you get married" statement seriously .

Is it possible for divorce to be a genetic thing or was the history explained above just pure coincidence?
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; October 15th, 2007 at 06:56 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naah. i think walang connection yan bro. may individual characteristics yung gf ng brother mo and its not genetic.

marriages get destroyed not because of hormones. its because of something that happens because of hormones. and as far as i am concerned, there are ways for a two party relationship to fix their relationship first if they encounter marriage problems.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    the possibility of divorce happening is up to them. kung ang perception nila is mangyayari sa amin ito dahil ganun ang nangyari sa mga kapatid/in-laws ko, malaki ang chance na mangyari talaga because of the mind set. pero kung iisipin nila na di nila papayagan na mangyari yon, that's adifferent thing.

nasa kanilang dalawa lang yan. thru communication and prayer, their marriage will last a lifetime.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro, it does not run in the family; it runs in the head.

You have to have the right mindset before diving into marriage ("I'd recommend the experience")- you can quote me on that....

When you're in it,- you have to have the right attitude and disposition not to lose the "winning team". Everything's up here in the head, not down there....

4101:victory:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    no connection bro

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    naahhh!!! divorce per se doesn't run in the family, yun reason ng divorce ng mga family members niya ang pwedeng nasa lahi...i.e. baka meron silang lahing sira ulo or something...baka naman nag ss-strangle sila ng mga partners nila habang natutulog...diba?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    nope.

divorce is not hereditary nor a virus which affect ones thinking or behavior.on the positive side, since the gal had a very bad experience regarding broken family, she 'might' not want that to happen to her own family.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung ang lagi nilang iisipin na baka mangyari din sa kanila yun baka mas lalo silang magkaproblema... mas importante ngayon ay alam nilanug mahal nila ang isat-isa... kung ano man magiging future ng relationship nila... silang dalawa din ang gagawa nun

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BEWARE!

While it may not be genetic, it MAY happen to her as well.
    How?

Simple, whenever they be have a fight or she starts falling out of love or the marriage gets rocky, guess who shell be going to for advice? And guess what kind of poison they'll be pouring in her ear? I'm willing to bet that they will only reinforce her doubts and use their own experiences to validate her fears. I'm not saying its a certainty, but its a very real possibility.

Caveat Caveat Caveat.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    BEWARE!

While it may not be genetic, it MAY happen to her as well.
    How?

Simple, whenever they be have a fight or she starts falling out of love or the marriage gets rocky, guess who shell be going to for advice? And guess what kind of poison they'll be pouring in her ear? I'm willing to bet that they will only reinforce her doubts and use their own experiences to validate her fears. I'm not saying its a certainty, but its a very real possibility..
    i may agree on this on some degree but that still depends on how logical the gal is.she may always ask her mother/sister for advises but then again, if she will just weigh everything that had happened to their family, most probably she will stick to her husband to be.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Can divorce run in the family?