New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with you guys. You do have to check your surroundings, especially the rear, before putting the car in motion.

It just intrigues me as to why there were supposedly no alarm bells going off.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by InDeep View Post
    it could be your kid or anyone else's kid.
    Unfortunately for her it was her daughter and not her daughter's friend.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    I agree with you guys. You do have to check your surroundings, especially the rear, before putting the car in motion.

It just intrigues me as to why there were supposedly no alarm bells going off.
    The daughter dropped her piggy bank. and then this "Even if she were upright, at 4 feet, 3 inches tall"

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Tsaka grabe baka naman she floored the gas pedal when she was backing up! Kung no gas applied naman it could have been avoided kasi hahampasin ng bata yun kotse.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Its stupidity and her own fault.
    Parents should make sure the kid is in the car and belted before driving off.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It could be the driver's fault but additional technology can still help to make things safer. We are currently phasing in rear view camera systems on personal and fleet units to aid safety.

We chose cameras over beeping back up sensors, btw.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    This is the reason why some manufacturers (local) install hanging panoramic rear view mirrors on their van models.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Paano nangyari yan? malaki na yung bata, makakaalis naman siguro yan pag "normal" pag atras mo. or hahampasin ng bata or sisigaw etc...
    malabo yung istorya

Yan magiging problema pag umaasa sa sensors or whatnot technology. Di na tumitingin.
    IMHO Technology's greatest purpose is to assist us, not do everything for us.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I make sure I'm the last one to enter the car. And back up slowly taking note of all your surroundings.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by iceblueyes View Post
    Paano nangyari yan? malaki na yung bata, makakaalis naman siguro yan pag "normal" pag atras mo. or hahampasin ng bata or sisigaw etc...
    malabo yung istorya

Yan magiging problema pag umaasa sa sensors or whatnot technology. Di na tumitingin.
    IMHO Technology's greatest purpose is to assist us, not do everything for us.
    Dati yung driver namin dahan dahan umaatras sa parking lot ng school, may bata na nagtago pala sa likod ng sasakyan dahil tinataguan yung kalaro. Wala siyang pakialam na umaatras na yung sasakyan nung iharang pa niya yung sarili niya at yumuko. Basta ang focus niya makapagtago sa kalaro. Ayun, nung nagulungan na lang saka sumigaw. I think the kid was already grade 3 and hindi naman school for special children iyon.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Better Rear View could help save lives.