New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I can make the exemption naman. Its just i wanted to know opinion ng ibang tao. Thanks guys.

I will just tell them to pay for the interior detailing cost if ever infested na ng langgam at ipis ung kotse. Fair enough naman diba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    I can make the exemption naman. Its just i wanted to know opinion ng ibang tao. Thanks guys.

I will just tell them to pay for the interior detailing cost if ever infested na ng langgam at ipis ung kotse. Fair enough naman diba?

bro whats the car? havent had ants on my 4yr old sedan. weather seal keeps them out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Thank you for your opinions guys and girls. Appreciate it.

I did not say anything disrespectful naman to him. Walang taasan ng boses.

Next time the topic comes up ganito na lang sasabihin ko. Ok i will agree on people eating inside my car. But if i see ants or cockroaches inside they pay for the cost of interior detailing. Fair enough?

Who else rides with you that you don't want to eat inside your car? I'm just wondering, can't adults eat without leaving crumbs or morses It's kind of useless to have a "no eating" rule since you are allowing kids to eat in the car anyway. I assume they are messier than adults so you'd still be cleaning up after them.

No offense but if you say that you will let people pay for detailing it might give off the impression that you have are stiff, grumpy and with attitude (like Squidward tentacles)

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    bro whats the car? havent had ants on my 4yr old sedan. weather seal keeps them out.

Never had cockroach or ants in my 2 decades of owning a car

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    7 year old Honda City GM. Well you have a point. Saan kaya ang point of entry nila. Hmmmm

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I think that if the "rule" was not absolute (eating/no eating) - there would have been no argument.

Why not ban smelly/crumbly/drippy food (otap, ice cream, durian) inside your car, and allow non-messy/non-smelly food (bananas/chocolate) to be consumed?

I also hate it when my passengers eat inside my car. My solution to the problem: deep-dish floor mats, a cordless vacuum cleaner, a jug of all-purpose cleaner, and a microfiber rag - all of which I use to clean the car's interior weekly. I find that easier to do than going through the possible arguments and any friction it may create between me and my loved ones.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    off topic much..

if your dad tells you to sleep before 12 would you unconditionally obey?

How is it off topic? I answered his question.

I don't argue with my Dad. You have NO IDEA of our family dynamics. FULL STOP.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    one time we went to this food park in qc with side street parking only. we parked near this drainage unknowingly lol. we realized a few roaches went inside. we were screaming dafaqqq home. lesson learnt.

Last edited by StockEngine; February 21st, 2018 at 09:57 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am grumpy i will admit that. But im not mean.

It seems the peeps are inclined on just me turning a blind eye. Looks like i will follow what AllenR said. Thanks for all your opinions tsikot peeps!

Paki close na ang thread, mods.

Last edited by benchph1; February 21st, 2018 at 10:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Your "No Eating" rule is predicated on the assumption that eating = cockroaches in the car.

I understand where you're coming from, I used to think the same way. But given the amount of time I spend on the road, it was inevitable for me to eat in the car.

It turns out that it isn't so bad after all. My car looks as clean as ever, and there are no lingering smells. I don't do any special maintenance, just the usual car wash with free vacuum. I have never had a cockroach in my cars ever.

It's just not worth the effort and hassle of not eating in the car. I do try to avoid strong smells though (I especially hate it when I have longganisa from the grocery, I make sure to have a sealed box in the trunk for smelly stuff like that) - but I eat everything from donuts, burritos, chips, and cookies in the car and it hasn't been a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12