New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    nothing beats regular maintenance check of your engine. for some reason when I asked our driver to change oil of our truck he went to caltex and got the diesel (diesel engine - old toyota truck) oil albiet cheapest and after a month - ayun thick na at malapit na mag sludge. never happened with shells helix yellow diesel engine oil. siyempre mineral truck yun eh.

nothing beats regular check (week ends fun ).

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post
    No no talaga ang every 10k kms na change oil kahit ano pa mang miracle-ultra-performance-super-duper ek ek engine oil yan. i think the sludge build up started with the every 10k change oil pati na rin ang every 10k na oil filter change. Pwedeng sa dating owner nagsimula ang sludge build up kung dati sa casa na pms ay every 10k din na change oil ang ginagawa (top up lang every 5k ng fully synthetic). kahit mineral oil lang basta every 5k would have prevented, or at least lessen the chance of sludge build up. imo
    Kung gas engine yan at fully-syn and oil na gamit like Caltex havoline or Mobil1, no problem ang 10kms change oil. I've done this and no problem naman with the avanza for 3 years.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    For those car owners who are using fully synthetic oil,just keep using it and you will find out later how far your car can go before tearing the engine apart.Believe me,youŽll be bored waiting this to happen cause its gonna be a long long way.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dagol View Post
    For those car owners who are using fully synthetic oil,just keep using it and you will find out later how far your car can go before tearing the engine apart.Believe me,youŽll be bored waiting this to happen cause its gonna be a long long way.

synthetic oil will cause tearing of engine apart?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    been using fully synths for a long time. no problem whatsoever. mineral is good too, but i get better performance using fully synths.

my 2 cents.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    a lot has been said about engine flush and its supposedly ill effects. truth be told i always use those 5mins. engine flush and so far wala naman akong naging problema. but taking the side of caution, some recommend using flushing oil instead. so is my idea of getting maybe a quart of 0W-20 (or 30) mixed in with 5W-30 for maybe 100-300m be a good idea? would anyone know where we can buy one. i only know of shell/caltex flushing oils, but the price seems too expensive if as they say they are just low viscosity oil.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
YOUTUBE VIDEO: "Toyota Engine Oil Sludge: Another Dangerous Defect?"