New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Yikes! I mistakenly added about half a liter of gasoline to my fuel tank.

I usually have a small container of diesel fuel in my pick-up for emergency. About a month ago, I bought some gasoline for clean-up work (after repair) and forgot about it. Yesterday I decided to get some water but noticed the container with contents (forgot that it was gasoline) and I absent mindedly poured it into my fuel tank thinking that it was my stock of diesel fuel. Only when the smell hit me did I notice that it was gasoline. Too late, I already poured in about half a liter.

Wonder what would half a liter of gasoline mixed with about 50 liters of diesel do to a diesel engine?

Drove my pick-up about 4 kilometers and I did not noticed any change - medyo bumilis lang.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    better go to your nearest filling station and drain your tank...para worry free

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    naku, i would't have driven it at all siguro. drain na yan diretso if it were me.

andy

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hanapin mo yung drain plug sa gas tank at
    e drain mo kagad yan baka madamage ang valve seat ng pick up mo...inde mo lang yan
    nararamdaman pero pag tumagal yan maingay
    na mga valves nyan...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Will half a liter of gasoline in 50 liters of diesel matter? Isn't this the same as what other people do, like adding kerosine to diesel?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    putting gasoline on a diesel car is more hazardous than putting diesel on gas fueled engines. Although half a liter would not do enough damage to your engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What you can do is drain all the fuel and refill, but half a liter won't be as critical as you guys think. Mixing it with 50 liters of diesel is like 0.5:50 or 0.01 to a liter. And another thing, it won't make it any faster either, octane from gas are not the same with cetane from diesels.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    oo nga pour more diesel nalang to rise the ratio...adding gasoline to diesel will reduce ata cetane rating that will hurt computer governed diesel injector..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madidilute naman ng 50 liters diesel mo ang half liter gasoline mo. para mas madilute, ipa-full tank mo nalang ulit, ng diesel ha.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i remember from one of our posters na he use to put 5L of gasoline to a full tank of diesel para daw bumilis and lumakas ang hatak. i think he's shortening his engine life

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Yikes! I put some gasoline on my diesel engine