New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Well at least some of them do it. In my cars dealership, they offer two brands of synthetic -> Coconoco and Mobil1.

Car dealers (at least here) dont really mind if you have your oil done somewhere (even the cheapest gas station service) as long as you use their recommended oil and they will still honor your engine warranty. So for me, i would rather do it somewhere cheaper using the recommended oil (in my case, Mobil 1) than paying the dealer to do it (thing is, my service is free, including oil change. LOL)

Car dealers (at least here) dont really mind if you have your oil done somewhere (even the cheapest gas station service) as long as you use their recommended oil and they will still honor your engine warranty.
    It really depends on what dealership your having your car serviced in, in my case they'll charge me an additional 20% service charge if I bring my own oil!

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    Car dealers (at least here) dont really mind if you have your oil done somewhere (even the cheapest gas station service) as long as you use their recommended oil and they will still honor your engine warranty. So for me, i would rather do it somewhere cheaper using the recommended oil (in my case, Mobil 1) than paying the dealer to do it (thing is, my service is free, including oil change. LOL)
    free!? lucky dog...hehe i pay $325...they even change my wiper blade for free :bwahaha:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbx986
    free!? lucky dog...hehe i pay $325...they even change my wiper blade for free :bwahaha:
    Its a reverse-psychology thingy..a lot of people are scared to spend money in dealerships because we all know they're expensive. So Audis and Bimmers get free service (oil change, brakes, wiper blades, etc) during the remainder of warranty - that encourages owners to have their cars serviced in the dealership. While in the dealership, they will check "defective" parts and thats how they can rip you off.

But man...i never, ever paid more than $70 bucks for an oil change before. I'd rather order OEM oil filter online and put Mobil 1 and do it my self.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by airshaq20
    But man...i never, ever paid more than $70 bucks for an oil change before. I'd rather order OEM oil filter online and put Mobil 1 and do it my self.
    hey, what can i say....i'm lazy.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbx986
    hey, what can i say....i'm lazy.

Heheheh...well, im too poor...maybe i should move in your neighborhood and you can start paying for me to fix your cars.....LOL...

Which brand of oil does your car use man?

7. Join Date
    May 2004
    same as yours....Mobil1 0-40

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Mobil 1 Oil = $4.88 x 5 or 6 quarts
    Oil filter = < $10 to 20
    Wiper blades = $20 x 2
    Tax 8%+
    Porsche touch = priceless :D

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I try out different brands of oil when i see the API rating going up and if the cost is quite affordable (with mineral oil, i can't affor synth at this point in time ). I still stick to manufacturer recommended viscosities except when i tried the "energy saving" oils in one car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Why do people like to experiment with oil?