New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    when is it time po ba to do a total overhaul or just top overhaul. This is done "as required". or as the need arises, or if a knowledgeable mechanic advises you to have it done.

I have the same dillema but mine is just white smoke puffing out of my exhaust. no oil or smoke spitting out of the dip stick. Check you valve clearances first, and adjust if necessary. This could also be caused by a faulty injector.

where can i do a compresison test? how much is it?
    Sorry, I don't know. You can try the casa....but first, ask for an estimate for this specific service only.

thanks for the replies

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sir pa topoverhaul mo na ganyan ngayon nangyari sa pregio ko akala ko hindi blowby dahil sa simpleng barado ng radiator at cause ng overheat lumala ng lumala hangang sa magkaruon na ng singaw sa gasket so ayun takbo pa din ako naramdaman ko na lang na lagi na lang nauubos ang langis at tubig so nag decide na ako i top overhaul at saka i overhaul ang radiator so akala ko ok na, pag baklas ng cyclnder head gasket naikot na pala ang mga liner nahuhugot pa whoa nauwi sa gen overhaul

sabi ko sa mechanic bakit di ko nakitang nag white smoke sabi nya papunta na din daw dun ,grabe ang usok ng gasket ko dati talagang di lang sa dipstick makikita , makikita din sa gilid ng gasket kaya ngayon break in ako break in din ng bulsa ko 50k hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    quick check muna and this can be done by using an electronic compression tester .

this procedure can be done through battery readings and it only take a few minutes . no need to remove the glow plugs .

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    when is it time po ba to do a total overhaul or just top overhaul. This is done "as required". or as the need arises, or if a knowledgeable mechanic advises you to have it done.

I have the same dillema but mine is just white smoke puffing out of my exhaust. no oil or smoke spitting out of the dip stick. Check you valve clearances first, and adjust if necessary. This could also be caused by a faulty injector.

where can i do a compresison test? how much is it?
    Sorry, I don't know. You can try the casa....but first, ask for an estimate for this specific service only.

thanks for the replies
    when you say sir faulty injestor...it means it needs to be calibrated.

what will happen if i don't calibrate my injection pump? will this have a problem with the engine in the long run?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sir try mo pisilin ang hose ng radiator pag mainit ang engine kailangan wala or konti lang ang pressure , dapat medyo malambot lambot ang hose

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    when you say sir faulty injector...it means it needs to be calibrated. Not necessarily. Loosen one injector high pressure pipe at a time. If white smoke ceases when you loosen a specific pipe, you may have already identified the smoking cylinder. This could be an indication of a bad injector, or low compression pressure on this cylinder. Check valve clearance on this cylinder, or interchange two injectors to see if white smoke transfers to another cylinder.

what will happen if i don't calibrate my injection pump? will this have a problem with the engine in the long run? If your injection pump is ok, I don't see why this will affect your engine. You don't have to calibrate a good pump. Sayang lang pera mo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
White Smoke and Odorful Smoke