New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ^

pwede naman mas matagal na OCI pag gasoling powered engine compared to diesel engine.
    Copy, bro Retz. Thanks! . . . just my target, 9k km OCI, kung okey pa ang oil upon reaching 9k kms, extend siempre para menos gastos. Real intention is panglinis engine internals lang sana, planning to use fully synthetic oil next time for a more extended OCI, maybe Motul H Tech 100 5W30, recommended by a friend with nice discount daw. Will buy in advance para avail of the discount.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Need help mga sirs

July 2012 pa huling change oil ko sa Jazz GE using Royal Purple 10w40 and Royal Purple oil Filter. Mga 4000kms pa lang tinakbo since then. Every now and then I check the dipstick and sobra linis pa nung oil wala siya browning man lang pag pinahid sa tissue paper. Parang dark grey yung color niya. Kaya kaya 2 years before I change oil again?

Sa Rav4 ko din Idemitsu Extreme ECO 5w30 and Royal Purple Oil filter and around 5000kms pa lang tinakbo since August 2012. May slight browning lang yung oil sa tissue paper. Kelan kaya next oil change ko? Bihira ko lang siya magamit.

Both Cars driven 50/50 City and Highway (QC to Alabang and back) Mostly wala ako bumper to bumper traffic since Late night pasok then early morning uwi ko.
    Last edited by jmpet626; October 5th, 2013 at 06:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Need help mga sirs

July 2012 pa huling change oil ko sa Jazz GE using Royal Purple 10w40 and Royal Purple oil Filter. Mga 4000kms pa lang tinakbo since then. Every now and then I check the dipstick and sobra linis pa nung oil wala siya browning man lang pag pinahid sa tissue paper. Parang dark grey yung color niya. Kaya kaya 2 years before I change oil again?

Sa Rav4 ko din Idemitsu Extreme ECO 5w30 and Royal Purple Oil filter and around 5000kms pa lang tinakbo since August 2012. May slight browning lang yung oil sa tissue paper. Kelan kaya next oil change ko? Bihira ko lang siya magamit.

Both Cars driven 50/50 City and Highway (QC to Alabang and back) Mostly wala ako bumper to bumper traffic since Late night pasok then early morning uwi ko.
    kung hindi naman issue ang budget/pera palit na :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    I use this guideline.

If its fully synthetic oil, change every 10,000 kms or once a year (if you don't reach 10,000 kms).

For mineral, change every 5,000 kms or twice a year (if you don't reach 5,000 kms before a change interval).

If you don't rack up mileage like a taxi, the above guideline is not that expensive to follow. Its maintenance. Depending on how you see it, its a cost penalty in order for the vehicle to be able to serve you reliably in the years to come.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Sir, number001 that is also what I follow except that I also change oil filter every 5k or 6 months for fully synthetic oil top-up na lang ng fs oil.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by motoring guy View Post
    Change oil only when they are dirty and sticky, there is no hard rule in changing oil. Remember that oil only prevent the friction of engine metals and so they gather dust and some engine residue that is why you change them. I myself have been using cars of different brands for almost 20 years and sometimes I change oil a year or a year and a half only when it is dirty & sticky. Your engine has a filter to keep it clean and the dirt that accumulates that cannot be filtered are the ones that mix with the oil. Changing oil every 5000 km was the marketing strategy of oil companies to keep them selling and they just heat or scrub the oil to purify it and then sell it to us again.....
    right ...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    According to CEPA (California Environmental Protection Agency) citing from different sources like Caterpillar, Chevron, Cummins, etc. Oil should be changed when it reaches the following limits:

Physical/Chemical
    Viscosity (cSt * 100C) +/-25%
    TBN 50% to 2

Contaminants
    Soot (% wt) 3
    Water (% vol) 0.1 to 0.5
    Fuel (% vol) 2.5 to 5%
    Glycol (% vol) 0

Wear Metals (ppm)
    Iron 75 to 150
    Aluminum 15 to 40
    Chromium 15 to 40
    Copper 20 to 50
    Lead 30 to 100
    Tin 18 to 25
    Nickel 10
    Silicon 15 to 25
    Sodium 30 to 50
    Potassium 40

All compared to a virgin oil sample.

I think this is a more measurable way to tell whether an oil has reached the end of its service life. In my UOA although the oil is pretty dark, it tells me I should be more worried about the viscosity loss.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Thanks po sa mga replies. I stocked up naman ng RP Oil and filters nang hihinayang lang ako kasi di ko na maximize yung extended oil change intervals niya. Try ko nga magpa UOA dun sa nakita ko sa other thread about mobil 1 UOA.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    There are 3 types of car guys.

1. The guy that forgets to change his oil.
    2. The guy that you don't need to remind when to change his oil.
    3. The guy that does not know when to change his oil.

This could also be said about WAXING a car.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Nasa user manual when to change oil. Safe approximation ang nasa manual based on OEM filters and lube.

Kung maganda ang oil and filter, pwede mo extend.

Pinaka accurate ang oil analysis thats why some fleet and industrial machinery operators do this, extended oil life tanslates to more savings.

Kelan kaya magkaroon ng oil-test strip na pwede mabili sa auto shop para hindi na pupunta sa oil lab for analysis?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast