New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Why i do it?

The best answer is thanks to mda!

"Not everyone needs a supercar to try to have fun with their vehicle.

Not a fan - but whatever floats the TS's boat. "

pacensya na nangaling lang ako sa lata ng sardinas na hinihila ok

it is my humble 1st brand new car i want to make fun out of it

i just hope i dont destroy it kaya ko natanong---nirev ko ng mataas tapos binitiwan ko
    ayun it made a good screeching sound pasado na sa simple standards ko ganun lang

kinabahan lang ako at baka masira

please do not underestimate cars ---"a car is a car no matter what it is..."

and if you think i can not afford an sti and an evo X the answer is yes! i can

but i wont be buying it...il probably buy an 2012 explorer or a fortuner+focus/gta

in the meantime i am enjoying my simple vios and an old timer

and i intend to keep it that way

because that is where i came from...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It will more often then not, accelerate wear and tear uselessly. Better not to since its your first new car as well.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Still don't get it...

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^neither do i.

All cars will be able to produce that screeching rubbery sound when you rev up to it's torque band coupled with stock not so grippy tires.

and if you do it right and rarely, nothing much would happen kung chirp lang ng konti. But if you're doing it like trip mo lang mang burnout or magpakamot then say hello to accelerated wear and tear.
    Last edited by SiRbossR; January 18th, 2012 at 11:09 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    More confused with the TS's explanation...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    gusto lang nya paiyakin yung kotse.. yun lang... ngayon kung may masisira ba?? yung ang tanong nya...

ang sagot... OO kung madalas mo gagawin at mali ang paraan mo... HINDI kung pa minsan minsan mo lang gagawin at yung tipong hindi gaano malakas yung paiyak mo... hehehe

btw. may rev limiter yan vios.. na try ko na i floor ang pedal nyan pag dating ng 7.5k rpm mag lilimit yan at baba sa 7k rpm.. na try ko na din mag max rev sa 1st gear.. umabot yata ng 60 or 80 kph ang speed on 1st gear sa rev limit... wala naman nasira...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^para ano pa rin Bakit gusto paiyakin kotse?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sometimes meron ako nakikita ganyan

teenage dude suddenly revs... tires screeching

everyone looks...

everyone wonders what he's trying to prove

maybe to show other people he can do it

he probably only recently learned how it's done...

he probably thought other people don't know how...

oh well... he'll grow up someday
    Last edited by uls; January 18th, 2012 at 11:30 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ^para ano pa rin Bakit gusto paiyakin kotse?
    no reason at all...trip nga lang nya mag paiyak... yun lang... gusto lang nya din siguro i-try kung kaya nya gawin using a 1.3 vios... ayun kaya naman pala...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With a 1.3 Vios, a functional burnout (for best acceleration) would be around 5k rpm. Any lower and it'll bog, any higher and you'll be burning rubber for no reason.

Of course, that's not really practical stuff, because with the amount of power the 1.3 MT has, you are still going to be outdragged by automatic 1.5s at the stoplight.

What's really fun, but harder to find space and occassion to practice, is learning how to handbrake turn properly and learning how to J-Turn. The J-Turn, in particular, requires quick hands, quick clutch and shifter work and lots of practice.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Wheelspin after first 1000kms