New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3.5k kilometers

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With mineral-based oils I follow the 5,000 Km interval for the Trooper. The service booklet classifies metro-driving as severe driving conditions.

I don't use fully synthetic oils since the cost difference is very significant, and I know that the same oil still carries the abrasive impurities from combustion. With the high cost of synthetic oils, I could shorten the oil change intervals and assure myself of less combustion by-products carried in the engine oil.

I follow the primary oil filter change intervals specified in the manual.

According to the manual the secondary oil filter is maintenance-free and need not be changed. This statement likewise appears in the service booklet. Does this sound logical ? Why put in a filter and not change it at all ??? Isuzu service advisers recommend changing this filter at every oil change too, but I'm confused at the conflict between their recommendations and the manual's statements.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    EricDRed::: If you want to be sure and be on the safe side, just change both of the filters so you can have peace of mind. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    5k for my Strada.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Most manufactures recommend 5k interval

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
What's your change oil interval for diesel rides?