New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i've searched the forums and read about the problems arising from low idling.

but i only see poor fuel consumption as the problem kapag mataas ang idling ng kotse.

natanong lang sa akin, and i don't know what to answer.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Well the moment you engage first gear you will wear the clutch (manual) or the clutch packs (automatic) if the idling is too high. That's the first thing that comes to mind.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    atleast it gets your battery better charging... I think...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    takaw sa gasolina

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    matakaw na sa gas maingay pa

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    i've searched the forums and read about the problems arising from low idling.

but i only see poor fuel consumption as the problem kapag mataas ang idling ng kotse.

natanong lang sa akin, and i don't know what to answer.

thanks.
    maybe the Linkage and throtle are dirty (clean it)or the timing is high. Also inspect all vacuum hose for crack and clean all the oropice baka barado.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; January 12th, 2008 at 03:34 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    is it high idling or low idling you are asking about?

kung low idling then it will result in a lot of vibration in the cabin.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    high idling.

my neighbor's car (same as mine - civic 98) idles at 1k with aircon and headlights on. sometimes at 1.1k. i mentioned it should be around 750 to 850. he likes it as it is daw.

he then asked me ano daw ba problem dun. all i can answer is high gas consumption. he said, di ba it only matters when the car is standing still? pag umaandar naman na daw, it's the same for all whether the idle rpm is high or low. kung madalas daw naka-steady (sa traffic etc), then saka lang daw magma-matter yung high idle.

di ko siya masagot because it makes sense to me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    first of all, if the car's engine cant stay running at factory idle, then there's something wrong with it.

Band aid solution lang ung taasan ang idling to keep the engine from dying.

Nevermind the obvious --- increased fuel consumption in city driving

How about wear-and-tear ng makina? That explains moderate mileage cars with bad engines

plus the heat generated pag high idle while the car is standing still when little air is blowing past the radiator like when ur driving...

all those underhood parts being cooked while the car is standing still at high idle...
    Last edited by uls; January 14th, 2008 at 01:19 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    minsan ginagawa ng mga A/C technician tinataasan ang idle para lumamig ang A/C...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
what's wrong with high idling?