New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What type of engine oil do you use?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Synthetic

32 35.96%
  • Semi Synthetic

14 15.73%
  • Regular

41 46.07%
  • others

1 1.12%
  • dont know

1 1.12%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Ordinary or mineral base with 20w-50 grade na oil any brand puede na. Basta follow the PMS for oil change ala magiging problema makina mo. I don't believe also in synthetic oils and additives, pero syempre marketing approach ng mga oil company yan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^di rin ako naniniwala dati sa synthetic..in fact first time ako nakagamit last month ng synthetic oil which is RP from speedy fix...and malaki talaga difference...and from now on I will be using synthetic oils to all our cars...and not just the engine oil but for all the other lubricants..synthetic all the way...

and it's hard to argue with all the numerous studies and feedback sa advantage of using synthetic oil.....

anyway, to each his own lang siguro...hehehe

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    bagong change oil kahapon. 10,000Km Using Toyota Casa Synthetic oil.

Specs? I have no idea. But I think it's a Caltex blended oil.

Mayroon difference sa makina when shifting from mineral to Synthetic.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by driver168 View Post
    Its not true during warranty you should use only toyota oil. you can use other oil as long as it meets the minimum specs of toyota oil. I have asked Toyota Phils. It wont void your warranty. Beware when change oil especially during first 1,000 km check up, dont allow them to flush your engine with engine flush oil, its not advisable AND IT WILL DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD TO YOUR ENGINE. I experienced this to my toyota innova. Dont rely fully the service advisor, they are more interested on profit than service.
    Are you sure? I also called TMP with the same question. They told me that if I bring my own oil, warranty will be voided. They even told me that it in the warranty booklet. True enough, it said that we need to use "Toyota recommended fluids" aka: Toyota oil

Medelson,

How much per liter tyoyot synth oil? Do they require you to replace the oil filter and yop up the oil after 5000 kms?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Syntetic all the way talaga ako. Mobil1, motul and now RP.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    regular oil lang every 5k change oil.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    driver168, most high end oil will meet or exceed the requirements set forth from the factory.

snowbound, be sure to change the oil religiously though, castrol tends to sludge if left in for too long.

shadow, i'm not sure bro... you'll have to cross reference the name of the oil with the one in their site siguro. valvoline is made of group 2 or 3 base stocks though so not as good as other oils.

jcastillo932, what car is it in? in most new cars 20w50 is way to heavy an oil but if it's older then pwede pa naman.

meledson, most toyotas use mobil 1 0w40 oil when they say they use full syn. our agent sa mobil 1 also services toyota shaw and kinekwento nya that they deliver the 0w40 to them.

wrcastro_ph thanks bro!!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
What type of engine oil do you use?