New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Kahit carb makina ko, hindi ko ginagawa yang rev-first-before-shutdown thing na yan. In spite of that, one click pa rin sya kinabukasan. I don't even pull the choke/fast idle button.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    One thing I really hate though is when somebody starts their car dead cold and revs the hell out of it. I wouldn't want to buy that car when that schmuck sells it. He does it for both his cars here at our apartment garage. Doesn't bother me one bit, not my taste in cars anyway but still...kawawa yung sasakyan.

By the way for completeness sake, diesels do not run throttled. So if their shut off equipment does not work, kailangan manual shut off through a lever in the engine. At least that's how ours is designed. When I replaced all vacuum lines on mine, I had to build up enough vacuum to shut off the engine. But I turned it off prematurely so the engine kept running even with the key out so I manually shut it off. All worked well after a few more attempts.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenngj View Post
    good day everyone! can i ask for your little help, what is the proper way of turning off your engine? kelangan ba mag rev muna ko bago ko off yung engine ko, or i just switch it off right away after i parked it.. thanks
    reving your engine before shut down will just do the ff:
    -waste fuel
    -leave unburned fuel in the cylinders that may leak down to the crank case.

Just switch off the engine after you park it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    yun pag rev sa mga old, old, old car pa ginagawa yun, and yun pag cooldown eh pag naka turbo ka, since I assume stock naman ang engine mo and relatively bago rin, so just flick the key towards you and off you go...hehehehe

pero napansin ko yun driver ng parents ko ganun pa rin mag off ng kotse rev muna, oh well can't teach new tricks to an old dog or driver....

pansinin niyo mga drivers niyo especially yun may middle age na, ganun pa rin mag off ng engine kahit EFI na yun minamaneho nila...

yes i agree, ganyan din kasi yung mga tito ko nag rev muna sila before they switch off the engine.. come to think of it mas modelo pa yung car nila..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    One thing I really hate though is when somebody starts their car dead cold and revs the hell out of it. I wouldn't want to buy that car when that schmuck sells it. He does it for both his cars here at our apartment garage. Doesn't bother me one bit, not my taste in cars anyway but still...kawawa yung sasakyan.

poor cars, i'm sure di magtatagal lalabas yung sira nun, ako nga before i drive my car on road, idle ko muna ng at least 3mins and 30 mins before i switch on my aircon..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    one more thing, normal ba sa car ko (honda civic) na lampas ng isang guhit dun sa gitna ng temp at hindi sya bumababa, kahit na tumatakbo ako sa expressway for example sa slex or nlex. Sa toyota corolla ko kasi pag tumakbo ako ng highway bumababa ang temp ko. bagong overhaul ang radiator ko, gumagana naman ang radiator at condenser fan ko. please help me guys.. thank you!!
    normal lang yan sir. basta di na sya dapat tataas pa dyan sa level na yan.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yes i agree, ganyan din kasi yung mga tito ko nag rev muna sila before they switch off the engine.. come to think of it mas modelo pa yung car nila..
    ganyan talaga ang mga traditional drivers. We cannot do anything about it na siguro... it's their style anyway!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Paglapit na ako sa destination, I turn off the aircon. Tapos pag nakapark na turn off all accessories and lights then turn off the engine.

Also, pag malapit na ako sa destination, hinay-hinay na ako sa paggamit ng rev ng makina para magsimula ng mag cool down.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    parehas tayo bosing, in the morning, i let my engine warm up first. i wait for the temp to reach half of the guage then start to drive, after which i switch on the fan of my A/C, then the thermostat switch.

before i reach my destination or park, i switch off the thermostat of the a/c first, then when I'm properly parked i switch of the radio first then the fan of the a/c then the engine.

i don't rev the engine anymore since efi naman sya.

poor cars, i'm sure di magtatagal lalabas yung sira nun, ako nga before i drive my car on road, idle ko muna ng at least 3mins and 30 mins before i switch on my aircon..

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I think the revving is only done with carbed units? Or something along that line.

If you have a turbo, let it idle for a few minutes before shutting it down. That way the turbo has a chance to cool down as well.
    Yup, that's it alright. Mine is a turbo-diesel so I have the turbo timer to delay the shut-off for me especially if I'm in a hurry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
what is the proper way of turning your engine off?