New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    My covid runabout got its oil changed just before our first lockdown March last year. Up to now hindi pa na oil change ulit, pero malapit na.
    Roughly 4300kms in 18 months.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I changed the oil of 2 of my cars after 16 months and < 1TKm run. Have to change the oil on another one that has even less usage at 18 months and ~300 Km run.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Hindi ba parang napapanis ang fuel pag hindi nagagamit o nasusunog sir?
    Mine's a Diesel vehicle. I don't think 1-2 months will make much of a difference on the Diesel fuel inside the tank. After doing some reading online, it appears that Diesel would last a minimum of 6 to 12 months in a typical fuel tank.

Mas mabilis mapanis gasoline.... 3-6 months.

It's not to say na hindi na aandar yung car with a 3 or 6 months-old fuel. Pero definitely, degraded na yung fuel. YMWV.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I changed the oil of 2 of my cars after 16 months and < 1TKm run. Have to change the oil on another one that has even less usage at 18 months and ~300 Km run.
    Does it sludge or turn milky? If it doesn't then AFAIK if you're on synthetic and your low mileage car is garaged (not exposed to moisture from weather etc) the oil will last a while.

Stop Changing Your Oil! | Edmunds

I have another car that's been garaged at condo. Not even 1000kms since last oil change with Motul full synthetic two years ago. I'm planning to take a sample of the oil and send it in for analysis before I decide whether or not to change.
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; September 6th, 2021 at 04:23 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Does it sludge or turn milky? If it doesn't then AFAIK if you're on synthetic and your low mileage car is garaged (not exposed to moisture from weather etc) the oil will last a while.

Stop Changing Your Oil! | Edmunds

I have another car that's been garaged at condo. Not even 1000kms since last oil change with Motul full synthetic two years ago. I'm planning to take a sample of the oil and send it in for analysis before I decide whether or not to change.
    Not sure what Nissan used in my last oil change at the dealer so I changed it with FS last time. The Honda had FS from the dealer but that one was 0w-16 and from all the cold starts since the lockdown I was worried about shearing from fuel dilution.

Do you bring your samples to Monark? How much are the tests now?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Mine's a Diesel vehicle. I don't think 1-2 months will make much of a difference on the Diesel fuel inside the tank. After doing some reading online, it appears that Diesel would last a minimum of 6 to 12 months in a typical fuel tank.

Mas mabilis mapanis gasoline.... 3-6 months.

It's not to say na hindi na aandar yung car with a 3 or 6 months-old fuel. Pero definitely, degraded na yung fuel. YMWV.
    lalo na yung may ethanol na gasoline.. rough idling yan pang napanis na.. kaya i use petron blaze kasi no ethanol..

sa diesel basta hindi exposed sa ulan yung sasakyan and keep the fuel tank full.. para less yung pag form ng moisture sa loob

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Not sure what Nissan used in my last oil change at the dealer so I changed it with FS last time. The Honda had FS from the dealer but that one was 0w-16 and from all the cold starts since the lockdown I was worried about shearing from fuel dilution.

Do you bring your samples to Monark? How much are the tests now?
    A friend's shop usually deals with classic cars, and a lot of them matagal naka tengga. Nakikisabay lang ako when he gets a bunch of oil tests done.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    A friend's shop usually deals with classic cars, and a lot of them matagal naka tengga. Nakikisabay lang ako when he gets a bunch of oil tests done.
    Kung hindi lang messy kumuha ng sample I'd probably test. Unless naka Fumoto valve kasi ang hirap kumuha ng sample without making a mess.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Kung hindi lang messy kumuha ng sample I'd probably test. Unless naka Fumoto valve kasi ang hirap kumuha ng sample without making a mess.
    For those interested for a Fumoto valve:

Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve F16S with Lever Clip

Ask the seller when it will be available so that you can buy it once there's stock.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    For those interested for a Fumoto valve:

Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve F1?6S with Lever Clip

Ask the seller when it will be available so that you can buy it once there's stock.
    medyo matagal na walang stock yan fumoto.. sayang naka bili ako ng 2 nyan eh.. bibili pa nga sana ako para sa ibang cars..

may ramp na ako nabili kaya mas madali mag change oil.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast