New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Hi guys. I own a 2015 manual mitsubishi mirage, bought last 2016. Up to date naman ako sa lahat ng maintenance nya (1k and 5km PMS and change oil). Ngayon my mileage is at 9k, so di pa napa oil change for 10km. I checked the oil and honey brown ang color, clear, no presence of any sediments sa oil, and puno pa.

The problem is, pag inaandar ko ung car, wala naman tapping sounds unless i turn on the AC. Sometimes may tapping sound din (although di masyado malakas) even when the AC is off but when inaapakan ko ang accelerator.

Pinatingin ko sa local mechanic and may ginipitan sya, and chineck ung oil. Andun parin ung sound though. Pero sabi nya ok naman ang oil. Di na sya nag check further kasi may warranty pa ako eh.

The only new thing i recently did was change the kind of gas i use. Dati v power nitro, pero lately nag shift to ung regular gasoline lang ng shell, and then gas sa petron nung malapit na ako maubusan and medyo malayo pa ung shell.

What could be the issue though? Gusto ko sana ipatingin sa casa, kaso nasa kabilang city pa ung casa ko. Mga 60km pa ang ibabyahe ko. Wala din mitsubishi dito eh. Medyo takot din ako ibyahe ng malayo.

Also, covered pa kaya ako ng warranty ng mitsubishi? The handbook says to have it checked either every 3-4 months or after 5km. Eh di pa ako umabot sa +5km eh, although I am behind sa 3-4months. I remember the maintenance guy telling me na mileage daw basehan nila, but i cant be too sure.

I will really appreciate advise! Medyo kinakabahan talaga ako. Maganda naman ang oil so ewan ko kung ano problema.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Kalansing ba? Have your tail pipe checked. Or higpitan mo yung nut sa tail pipe garnish.

How is your rpm on idle?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    What you are hearing is probably engine knocking ... Usually caused by using fuel that does not have the correct octane rating or contaminated fuel ... You should not have had the local mechanic "adjust" your engine ...

Although in some engines when you change the type / brand of fuel, it will make a strange sound while the computer / engine adjusts to the new fuel for the first few kilometers ...

Try refilling with Shell again to dilute the Petron fuel ... Avoid Petron from now on ... Also when refueling make sure there is no fuel truck / tanker that is also refueling their tanks ...
    Last edited by Walter; July 26th, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just bring it to your casa and have it checked.

Warranty or not, it sounds like the engine needs attention. It could be nothing or it could be something.... you'll never know until you can get a professional to actually look at it.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaixxa View Post
    Hi guys. I own a 2015 manual mitsubishi mirage, bought last 2016. Up to date naman ako sa lahat ng maintenance nya (1k and 5km PMS and change oil). Ngayon my mileage is at 9k, so di pa napa oil change for 10km. I checked the oil and honey brown ang color, clear, no presence of any sediments sa oil, and puno pa.

The problem is, pag inaandar ko ung car, wala naman tapping sounds unless i turn on the AC. Sometimes may tapping sound din (although di masyado malakas) even when the AC is off but when inaapakan ko ang accelerator.

Pinatingin ko sa local mechanic and may ginipitan sya, and chineck ung oil. Andun parin ung sound though. Pero sabi nya ok naman ang oil. Di na sya nag check further kasi may warranty pa ako eh.

The only new thing i recently did was change the kind of gas i use. Dati v power nitro, pero lately nag shift to ung regular gasoline lang ng shell, and then gas sa petron nung malapit na ako maubusan and medyo malayo pa ung shell.

What could be the issue though? Gusto ko sana ipatingin sa casa, kaso nasa kabilang city pa ung casa ko. Mga 60km pa ang ibabyahe ko. Wala din mitsubishi dito eh. Medyo takot din ako ibyahe ng malayo.

Also, covered pa kaya ako ng warranty ng mitsubishi? The handbook says to have it checked either every 3-4 months or after 5km. Eh di pa ako umabot sa +5km eh, although I am behind sa 3-4months. I remember the maintenance guy telling me na mileage daw basehan nila, but i cant be too sure.

I will really appreciate advise! Medyo kinakabahan talaga ako. Maganda naman ang oil so ewan ko kung ano problema.
    the car might still be under factory warranty. if so, just bring it over. don't mention where else you brought it, po, at baka ma-void ang whatever warranty it might still be enjoying.

errr... factory warranties are just like banks... deposit, withdraw, kahit saang branch. (with a few exceptions.)

as walter above said, it might be as simple as ignition timing adjustment.
    ... de-carbonize? heh heh heh.

or it could be something loose and just needs tightening...

maybe mitsu has an authorized talyer in your place, po. inquire from mitsu.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 26th, 2018 at 11:32 AM.