New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    hi!
    I need help with my Honda Civic'99 Vtec VTI automatic. the check engine light goes on for a while then will go off, kinda weird coz if I start the engine with this CE light on the sound of the engine's rev is not so good (parang palyado) BUT if I wait 5 secs tops CE light will die and the Engine's rev is normal.

Engine is running fine, no notable engine noise, smooth running.

could this be loose wirings? grounded wirings?

Tnx!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Have it scanned. OBD1 or OBD2? stock engine?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    baka engine fuse lang.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    does the speedometer in your car properly working?
    i believe that the problem there is your knock sensor. have a mechanic check it out.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by k_buenviaje View Post
    hi!
    I need help with my Honda Civic'99 Vtec VTI automatic. the check engine light goes on for a while then will go off, kinda weird coz if I start the engine with this CE light on the sound of the engine's rev is not so good (parang palyado) BUT if I wait 5 secs tops CE light will die and the Engine's rev is normal.

Engine is running fine, no notable engine noise, smooth running.

could this be loose wirings? grounded wirings?

Tnx!
    The check Engine light when goes on manifest there's an engine problem. Please bring it to the casa for sure shot trouble analysis. They have the right test equipment for it compared to ordinary mechanic.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    any update on this bro? drove home last night with this check engine light on... for a good 15 mins till i got home - i turned off the engine, turned it on again, and the CE light was gone... wierd..... what you think guys? i didnt notice anything wierd while i was using the car with the CE light on.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    tulad ng sabi nila dapat ma scan car mo. some emission related dtcs doesn't have noticeable effect sa drivability. bago pa lumala problema ay pa scan mo na.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    your car might have a self diagnostic terminal. it is usually attached to the glove box frame on the right side. it is stuck into a light green dummy connector on the glove box frame. if you find it, jumper the two terminals with paper clip or equivalent for diagnostic request. note the blinking of the malfunction. the codes are two digit numbers. e.g. flash flash flash pause flash flash - 32. there might be more than one code, if it repeats the same code, it has finished displaying all the recorded codes.

Weird Check Engine Light -Honda Civic 99