New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi,

is this a myth or a reality?

sabi daw, in the early days, while engine is being reved high, water mist is introduced to the intake/throttle. the purpose is to remove the carbon deposits in the combustion chamber. according to several sites i have seen on the internet, it acts like a steam cleaner which takes out the carbon from the valves and head and eventually ejected out of the system.

myth? or a sure way of destroying your engine?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    hi,

sabi daw, in the early days, while engine is being reved high, water mist is introduced to the intake/throttle. the purpose is to remove the carbon deposits in the combustion chamber. according to several sites i have seen on the internet, it acts like a steam cleaner which takes out the carbon from the valves and head and eventually ejected out of the system.

As long as it's in vapor form when it hits the combustion chamber, it should be safe... and yes, water injection does work.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    hi,

Its a fact. Meron ako sa engine ko.
    Even Gale Banks Sidewinder has one.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    not a myth. it's been used in WWII on tanks and fighter planes.

Rion owning a water/meth injection is still a myth though.... for now...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even I have a "Devil's Own" water/alcohol injection system for my Project Sentra vehicle.

Although it's not meant to clean the combustion chamber, it's meant to add more power. If it cleans the cylinder, it would simply be a positive side effect.

water to clean combustion chamber - myth or real?