New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    sa lumang liteace ko palyado pag hindi na warm up.
    kahit 1to2mins lang na warm up ayos na

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lexwen View Post
    Paano if you're not using the car for at least 3 days?
    Same ng post ni Noel. Warm-up engine by at least 1-2 mins. and then drive slowly muna to make sure differentil oil, tranny oil and other mving parts get a good warm-up as well.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    It's always better to warm the car up vs. not warming the car up. Kahit 2mins lang. - For diesel engines ha. For gas, seconds lang.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    with today's cars, close tolerances between the piston and the cylinder bore, close tolerance between the crankshaft and camshaft bearings, there is no need to warm the engine up. the radiators of yesteryears had three rows of cooling tube versus today's with only one does not need the traditional warmup. it was so designed to save fuel and increase the mpg rating of the car. even the oxygen sensors have shorter time to get to closed loop because of the heating element inside the oxygen sensor itself. parts have been lightened (again for fuel economy) and gets to operating temperature faster. with some purely air cooled engines, the moment the engine runs, it is as warm as operating temperature. the problem though, with the designed short to no warm up time needed, is that the engine overheats if the cooling system is not properly operating: i.e. no thermostat or stuck closed thermostat, radiator cap that can not reach the required pressure, wrong type or wrong mixture of the anti freeze coolant, insufficient airflow to the radiator, air pockets in the cooling system that had not been bled, over advanced ignition timing, clogged exhaust system and vacuum leak at the intake manifold. today's car are made to be driven as soon as the engine starts.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    parang tao din yan eh, bago mag basketball, warm-up at stretching muna.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    1994 Nissan Vanette Z20S Engine. Local.

Thermostat was removed by the previous owner as well as yung fan clutch-nakarekta na.
    Every morning, 1-2 minutes of engine warm-up before I drive or else engine will stall.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    As jeck says.

The one thing you should not do after starting up a cold engine is to race it (ie. aggressive throttling, acceleration and/or red-lining). Otherwise, you can drive the car as you normally would.

If we're going to use an athlete's body as an analogy, a warm-up exercise means running a lap or two around the court, doing jumping jacks, etc. You don't warm-up just sitting down doing nothing. Somewhat the same with cars. You warm it up by "stretching its legs" and just be on your way.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    what i do for my mb100 is to idle it for 1-2 mins then slowly drive it off

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

right on the button.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ae101 ko, 30 - 40 seconds,
    para lang umikot ang langis ng konte,
    then i start to roll, and shift at low rpms hanggang