New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Mga sir pagnagpalit kayo to other gas intayin nyo makailang palit. Pag gas muna kayo 300 pag near empty na then ubusin nyo ulit then same procedure ulit bago kayo magfull tank. Ive been fillinup up petron xtragasoline then nun nagkaron ng engine knock tuwing cruising nagpalit ako ng blaze then nun nawala balik ulit xtragas. Lipat na rin ako gas station. So far wala na knock khit xtragas lang

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    AFIAK, 93RON ang required sa Vios. 91 is too low. Baka you are looking at US Spec RON where 91RON US =95RON.

Kinda weird that our gas stations are still selling 91RON. Its just too low. Just load up with 95RON to avoid engine knock .

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    AFIAK, 93RON ang required sa Vios. 91 is too low. Baka you are looking at US Spec RON where 91RON US =95RON.

Kinda weird that our gas stations are still selling 91RON. Its just too low. Just load up with 95RON to avoid engine knock .
    WTF?! That picture I posted was from my Vios' manual. The very same Vios that has been running on 91 octane since I got it, and still able to do over 190 kph on the highway with never an instance of knocking.

It's not weird that our stations are selling 91 RON, because majority of cars sold locally require 91 RON only. Unless it's stated in your manual that the car requires 95 RON, you don't need 95 RON.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok.... if the recommended fuel is 91 RON, then definitely, baka may underlying causes pa.
    pero try mo magtaas ng 95 RON, and see what's the result.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by nyvlem View Post
    Salamat po sa reply sir, yun nga din ang napansin ko kapag below 97 RON may engine knock, pero Vpower racing smooth ang tunog ng makina nya.
    TS, so sa 97 RON lang talaga nawawala yung knock?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    TS, so sa 97 RON lang talaga nawawala yung knock?
    na minimize po yung knock compare to 95 and 93 Ron

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try first the following:

1. Clean the MAF sensor with electric contact cleaner;
    2. Replace your spark plugs
    3. Load up at another gas station (you may be getting bad fuel)

I use Caltex Silver now on my Altis and we don't have engine knock issues unless i short shift and release the clutch abruptly (to starve the a/f mix)... It was the same when we used Shell unleaded on a Vios 1.3, no knock issues. Our other Altis uses LPG (100+ octane) and it never has engine knock.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Mukhang hindi engine knock problema ni sor TS, either ung parang karambola sa CatCon or ung compressor ng vios, which is maingay talaga lalo na kung naka middle setting ka lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Try first the following:

1. Clean the MAF sensor with electric contact cleaner;
    2. Replace your spark plugs
    3. Load up at another gas station (you may be getting bad fuel)

I use Caltex Silver now on my Altis and we don't have engine knock issues unless i short shift and release the clutch abruptly (to starve the a/f mix)... It was the same when we used Shell unleaded on a Vios 1.3, no knock issues. Our other Altis uses LPG (100+ octane) and it never has engine knock.

Salamat po sir Vinj

10. Join Date
    May 2015
    Question lang mga boss.wala pako masyado alam sa kotse.ano ba mas maganda sa tubeless flat tire cold or hot patch?salamat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast